• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Ft. Knox recoveries?

nhdiesel

Hey all,

I have a friend whos going to do my Ft. Knox recovery for me, but I need some info off my truck. Trying to get through to anyone there has been a royal pain, so I hate to try and set up a special appt. just to get some numbers off my dash plate, especially if any SS members are going there for a recovery. If there is anyone heading that way in the next week or two, I'd appreciate a heads-up if you could take a minute to get my info for me.

I thought I had something lined up, but it fell through.

Jim

dk8019

I've got on to pickup on Thursday at Boone in Frankfort. Talked to someone on site today, sounds like it will be fun, as all the trucks are parked bumper to bumper, which means some might need to be moved to get one out, yada yada yada. Oh well, should be fun!

nhdiesel

This one is at Knox, about 45 minutes from there (my best estimate). I still can't even get hold of anyone to set up an appt. for someone to go look for me, which is why I'm hoping to find someone who has to go there anyway.

Jim

jackalay23

Bad news NHdiesel - your data plates are gone. I heard you were in need of some info so while I was down at Knox doing PMCS on my truck I checked yours out. I was in a bit of a rush to get on with my day (spent 3 hours on my truck) but it was obvious that the data plates had been recently pulled off your truck. I saw at least three spots where plates had recently been affixed (clean paint underneath showing now). I am not a Deuce expert so their may be a plate hiding somewhere in the cab but I did not see it. I was unsure of where the frame data plate was so I was unable to check that. Your batteries are dead as well - sorry. It is a great looking truck though.

nhdiesel

Crap, looks like I have a part's truck now. Great looking or not, no data plates=no DOT conformity. I'll have to use plates off my other Deuce to get that one home...I'll have to register that one then. Just my freakin' luck.

Edit: Check this pic, the plate was clearly on there at the time of sale. I wonder if I can put in a claim and cancel this one.
DATA PLATE

Jim

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crap, looks like I have a part's truck now. Great looking or not, no data plates=no DOT conformity. I'll have to use plates off my other Deuce to get that one home...I'll have to register that one then. Just my freakin' luck.

Edit: Check this pic, the plate was clearly on there at the time of sale. I wonder if I can put in a claim and cancel this one.
DATA PLATE

Jim
I wouldn't worry about the plates missing too much. You can get reproduction plates. Just get your frame number off the frame and enter it in the new plate. The military does it all the time.

I think it is missing in the pic BTW. The plate you see is the weight data plate.

Last edited:

nhdiesel

Will that pass muster with the DOT? Or would they even know,,,guess as long as it looks official, and has the correct numbers. But it ticks me off, they were there when GL took the pics. WHY would someone remove them? I'll get the truck home and figure it out.

Oh yea....thanks for checking it out. I'm not too worried about the batteries, my friend can jump it, and if they don't charge I'll pick up a pair before leaving for home.

Was there anyone there to do a jump? If not, no big deal...my friend can bring a pair of batteries to jump off.

Jim

Divemaster920

Banned
Calm down the numbers that you need are on the left front frame rail. It will be painted over and you have to scrape the paint off to see the numbers. Then post the numbers for CARNAC to transpose for you.

dk8019

I would agree, the plate on my Reo has been stamped an restamped so many times it's practically illegible. I had to help the DMV lady during the inspection read the plate off.

jackalay23

NHdiesel - Unless my eyes deceived me, I do not think the plate in the picture contains serial #data. I am pretty sure the plate with all the data would have been to the left of the plate that is still affixed above the glove box. I was in a hurry and am no expert though, so please do not get to aggravated if you find what you where looking for when you pick it up. Any others care to weigh in on my opinion?

nhdiesel

If what I need is still there, I'll be happy....not upset... :-D but from the sounds of it I won't have any problems getting a new plate stamped up. Thats my big concern. Our overzealous DOT up here go nuts with dumb stuff. One guy had a problem with people having stickers on their windows. He was even making people stop and scrape dump permits, etc., off the corners of their back windows...on personal pickups!

Thanks to all who responded, I'm calm now that I know there is a solution. Now just looking forward to getting my trucks home...especially the one in N.J. that I *still* haven't gotten an EUC for. Just stressing a little bit all around.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks