• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any professional HMMWV experts/companies near MCLB Albany?

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Hello,

I am looking for a professional in the HMMWV business around MCLB Albany? I bought a non-runner and would like someone to bring it into their shop troubleshoot it? Preferably someone in an out of govplanet picking up trucks. I'm looking for options (fix there, drive home vs tow home and repair). Thanks

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Albany. Grew up in Albany. Looks like her best days were past.
I have a friend in clayton who may know of a honest ga boy whos good. Will call him tomorrow.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@sandcobra164 works at The base in Albany and is known to fix a few trucks for people.

If you need it hauled out to you in CA, I can give you a good deal on moving it with another partial load.
I highly recommend Wes for any of your hauling needs. He's delivered two trucks for me.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driving home will probably still end-up with a tow bill and hotel, buss ride or plane ticket. You will need new tires more than likely and will probably lose at least one on the way home. I personally would want to get it home and go through it myself. You are in small mountain town or it was last time I was there so I can understand you wanting to get it fixed prior. You probably have some idea what you think is wrong with it. You should’ve got a Yermo truck. Lol not helpful now. I only searched there when I was looking but those Georgia trucks looked really good.

BLK HMMWV

Hello,

I am looking for a professional in the HMMWV business around MCLB Albany? I bought a non-runner and would like someone to bring it into their shop troubleshoot it? Preferably someone in an out of govplanet picking up trucks. I'm looking for options (fix there, drive home vs tow home and repair). Thanks
Send it to Steve. ( Retired War horse) here on the boards.
He is in northern cal.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

depends on where home is…but I can honestly tell you after 30yrs of doing this work, driving across country or flat towing is just a bad idea, for several reasons. In the end, it’s cheaper and safer to get a good shipper at a decent rate to drop it in your lap. I ship trucks from Albany and Barstow to my shop every couple weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks