• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any tips for dealing with GL?

nhdiesel

This is kind of a venting, but also to see if anyone has any tips for dealing with GL. Between my father and I, we have bought several items from GL (my father, beaubeau on here, has bought at least 6 vehicles and several trailers) and we always have issues dealing with the EUC and attempting pickup arrangements. He has lost 2 items already after GL took so long with the EUC that he went over the time limit...one of them he had to pay $500 for (25% fine for losing out on it), all because GL insists on requiring revisions over and over (even though the EUC is already correct). One recent vehicle he had to make revisions to an EUC even though he basically copied an EUC for another item that had been approved!

Anyway, I am trying to deal with picking up 2 trailers in Limestone, ME. I have 14 days for removal. Its already been several days that I have been attempting to contact someone. First the contact number I was given didn't work. It took 2 days to get a response with another contact number. Then I had a hard time reaching anyone. Another day and I was given another number for the person I need to deal with. I've been trying to get an answer at that number with no luck. The easiest day I can pick these up is next Friday, the only day I have off, which is why I'm trying to make an appointment now, so I can make other arrangements if Friday won't work.

Does anyone have any tips for making GL dealings smoother?

One of my father's recent experiences involved trying to find out exactly what needed to be changed on his EUC. He called GL after faxing the paper back and forth a couple times, and was told that the person he needed to speak to was on vacation until "next week", but he could reach them then. Ummm....there IS a time limit!!! Fortunately the EUC was finally approved, but the hoops we have to jump through are ridiculous!

Jim

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you have to do is keep in contact with the main office. They are the ones who will determine when and if you go over the time limit. My 5th EUC was just approved from NOV27th (almost 2 months). I got the e-mail saying my deadline was approaching so I called AZ office and talked to a supervisor three times, I finally got a verbal my paperwork was there and not to worry about being defaulted. I got the guys name and all worked out. The GL guy at the site even called me to schedule the pickup when the EUC cleared. If you are trying to talk to the site people without talking to AZ you will default.

hippiedude

I to have had the run around with GL with revisions needed :evil: I think I got it strait though , find out next week I hope.I bought 6 trailers from limestone.Any Info. with names and numbers you could toss my way would be greatly appreciated....Maybe you could give lot # 3550 ,3551,3552 ,3553 ,3554 ,3555 a quick look and let me know what I got my self into :shock: Good luck... Tim

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Why do the EUC approval times vary so wildly?, I to have run into the "revisions needed" problem, I had an EUC (my first, Dec 21st) that was already submitted to Battle Creek, then I submitted another EUC, all I changed on the new EUC was the event number, and sure enough, "revisions needed", so I gave them the changes they asked for. Question: does this mean my first EUC won't be approved, or will take forever.......? It seems there is no standard format that yields fast results, and I can't get anyone in Az to answer the phone or emails pertaining to customer service......

beaubeau

I am having the Go Round again on a EUC I submitted on 1-3-08. On my acct.EUC says Pending, I finally checked on the status, and they said they never received it. Yet I have Conformation shoing they did receive it. I now must send another in for the same lot. I will be talking to a Supervisor on Monday. I wonder if it is easier to get paperwork processed if we were a registered business? I finally got lot 3211 going!!!???

mangus580

I think alot of the delay problems has to do with the High Turnover of the employees handling the EUC's. Not sure the reason behind the high turnover. I have also noticed, that different employees of GL seem to have their own 'rules' as to what is required on the form.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I guess I have been lucky. All of my EUC forms have gone through with minimal revisions. A phone-call or email follow-up helps to make sure that the right folks are working on it. Once I got a good one to go through, I just used that as a template on all the rest of them.

poppop

I am not complaining, just my story. I had an EUC approved and two days later had one questioned because my drivers license had expired between the two EUC's. It was not expired when I submitted it, but expired before it was processed. I was still the same person pictured on the license, still lived at the same address which i had lived at for 30 years, which was just across the road from where I was born 55 years ago. Now I know technically its an expired license, but a little common sense could have saved GL and me some extra work. I think that once you have been approved it should be on file and when another one comes in that file should speed up the process.

n3sq

Use E-mail folks, don't Fax stuff. Politely explain in the e-mail that you've updated your EUC package (new event #, and updated signature with date)

If you run into a problem:
(1) Call Arizona, don't call the site where the goods are . .
(2) Communicate, communicate, communicate - Keep in weekly communication with AZ
(3) Be civil on the phone - treat others as you'd like to be treated. Engage in some small talk.

As for contacting DRMO, their website is http://www.drms.dla.mil/

If you want to know why you've been denied, fill out a FOIA
http://www.dlis.dla.mil/foi.asp

Here are DRMO's instructions on filling out EUCs
http://www.drms.dla.mil/catalog/forms/dlaform1822instructions.pdf

Remember, it's the military. There is a process for everything and you need to know the process.

HeadWizard

I must be getting lucky on who's processing my EUC's. I've had to do 2 revisions on 12 EUC submissions in the last year. None have taken more than 3 weeks from submission to approval.

I think it's in the details. Communicate promptly and respectfully until you get your questions answered. I doubt the GL people want to talk to us about the problems any more than we want to correct the problems.

My 2cents

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone use the little blue prompter that helps you fill in the boxes. Where it says mailing address the prompt said put same if same as physical address. I did and EUC came back yesterday. Got the new one off today but I guess that's what I get for following instructions. :lol:

Floyd

Floridanson, let’s hope all things go well for you in the future, but that should be no problem in that you do so well following directions, that was not a trivial slight by the way.

Those that do run into problems, look out. My best guess it would be easier to do business with the NSA and the CIA rather than deal with GL. My very qualified opinion would be to hang oneself, much easier in the long run. :)

Floyd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks