• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody recognize this tank?

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I been talking to guys in the Deuce forums and I found several people searching for a purge tank for their radiators on their trucks. They were all in what I refer to as" Marine mode " you know.............NO offense Marines (actually a compliment) "IMPROVISE,ADAPT, OVERCOME !!!" Well I'm all about that in a pinch ,but when there are options I tend to do less fabricating and do more adapting,
Which brings me to this place at this time. I found a part I think will easilly adapt to Deuces/5Tonners etc. When I found these , after hearing the proposed modification of about anything from a Chlorox bottle to a 1Qt. canteen.
I snagged all the guy had of them to try and salvage what was shaping up
to be an "UGLY" mod. For the most part. The more I studied these tanks the more I felt they were originally used on something of armored nature,so before they all get gone I wanted to run the pics bye a few of you armor types to see if it's a part from something someone recognizes and may need for a resto. I included the stock # and all the dimensions that I felt might be pertinent to making an I.D.
So with that said I am open to comments & speculation .

Thanks!popacom........Bill Kagin III [thumbzup]

Attachments

Looks like it could be a part to a emissions recirculation system. Could run two hoses from both valve covers to the small inlets. And plumb the larger hose to return oil to the sump. Any idea what the insides look like? How much do you want for one?

ida34

Top looks like a radiator cap style opening. Surge tank for armor where the radiator is not accessible maybe.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well as I said I don't really have a clue what they originallu fit but hopefully I did'nt waist my time and money buying them! LOL I have been involved in military veh. resto. and off road activity since I was 16 and I've seen "puke" tanks on about everything ,but who knows?
I used to have a -20 on the M-114 series tracks and my brain keeps directing me back that direction,oh well maybe someone on here will recognize them! Till then thanks for your time and interest.
popacom........BILL KAGIN III in KY[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks