• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody tried these wheel balancers?

SausageGuy

Just found these for big rigs. centramatic balancers

Any thoughts? The hole pattern can be changed to match our trucks no problem. Up to 16oz of balancing of beads which is what I put in front tires.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They make them in budd and hub pilot. They make them different for steer and drives. They are only designed for 8.5in wheels. They make one for a 9in and wider for aluminum wheels.

They do not make them for steel wheels wider than 8.5in so they would not work with the 20x10 combat wheels. Super single budd wheels aren't common in the trucking industry as everything has gone to hubb pilot.

Charts say 16oz for big tires but not totally accurate. This is a spin balancing on a 445 65 22.5 that is Slightly shorter but wider than a 395. It only took 3oz

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't used those. But I use the beads you install inside the tires in several of my vehicles.

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a spin balancing on a 445 65 22.5 that is Slightly shorter but wider than a 395. It only took 3oz
Who did that for you? Are they a national chain? Would love to get mine dynamically balanced. I'm near Portland, OR and no one I've called has the capacity to do this.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Who did that for you? Are they a national chain? Would love to get mine dynamically balanced. I'm near Portland, OR and no one I've called has the capacity to do this.
Local place called unbeatable tire
Some T A truck stops have a dynamic balancer in their shops

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Centramatics on my 2 CUCV's. They work well for me but my tires are quite small compared to yours. 37x12.5R16.5

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks