• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone a member of the WW2Dodge.com forum?

scottgs

Is there anyone who is a member over at WW2Dodge.com who would be willing to send a message to the board admins to help me get registered?

I've been wanting to join that forum for a couple months now, however I can find no way to register. I've tried to google the email for both "Bert" and "Gordon", and have sent many emails, but I never get a reply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Garret

3dAngus

I see that, but when you go to the home page, for the most recent posts in each category, you see this;

Recent comments
3/4 Ton Command Car Website Web Address
19 weeks 4 days ago
Adding Engine #
1 year 36 weeks ago
web address
2 years 7 weeks ago
Number under runninfg board
2 years 18 weeks ago
Additional #'s & Info For Our WC
2 years 29 weeks ago
Duplicate serial number with
2 years 30 weeks ago
Engine #
2 years 31 weeks ago
noise supperssion
3 years 7 weeks ago
Even more closed cab confusion
3 years 36 weeks ago
So I can delete this
3 years 44 weeks ago

And Bert has not made a blog since 2010. Looks like autopilot, but good luck getting on. From what I see in individual forums, it hardly looks like there is more to it then here, by way of posts, but there are some older specialty vehicles, older then the M37 and M715 that have some recent posts this week. Not sure where the action is you refer to but it doesn't appear well populated in any field or thread.

I do wish we had more posts and pictures of the WC series. It might generate more interest, and they are really nice historical machines.

Last edited:

scottgs

Maybe we're not looking at the same site and forum? If you click on the link I provided, you should see the top three threads have posts today, with at least a dozen threads with activity in the last few days. I couldn't care less what Bert's blog or the homepage has really. But you're right, some of the stuff there is pretty old.

I'm interested in the meat of the WWII Dodge forums, and there is stuff there on WW2Dodge.com, including things for sale too. In comparison, the only posts here on Steel Soldiers in the last few days are the two I started. One with ZERO replies, and one with pretty much zero (useful) replies. Like I said, I would love for it to be here, cause this is a really well run web site. But let's face it, as wonderful as SS is, it's pretty much focused on the M35 "duece" and later 6 bys. Not saying that's bad, it's just what this site is all about. I doubt it's the hottest spot on the web for Jeeps or Dodges or even ...Land Rovers. Heck, there isn't even a Land Rover section on Steel Soldiers, even thought the company has built more than half a million Military vehicles, most all of which are used by our allies, on our side (...think Vietnam, Gulf wars, etc.).

Whew. Sorry, got a little excited there. I just want to be able to talk and learn about WWII Dodges. I don't care where it is, as long as I can participate.

Last edited:

FrankUSMC

Garrett, have you tried G503? It is also a fast moving forum, that has two forums for the Dodges. On the WW2 Dodge forum, it is ok, but if I had my choice I would go with G503. I have had, and have on the WWII side a about all the 3/4 ton to 1 1/2 ton Dodges. I am hard down with the flue at this time, but maybe tomorrow I will respond to your post on best books on WWII Dodges, I started buying all I could find about 30 years ago, and that is about 6 books. Land Rovers? have you seen the first ones made on WWII jeeps? :) Take care, and as soon as I am up to being human, I will help you some more, but, do not fret over the WW2 Dodge forum. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

scottgs

Frank, thanks for the recommendation. Yes, I have joined G503, and it does look pretty good and probably I've learned more there than anywhere so far about the WWII Dogges. I'm really new to the Dodge WC trucks, well except for the stories my father used to tell me from his time as an Army mechanic in WWII. I'm thinking my frustration with the WW2Dodge.com forum is just a case of always wanting what you can't have! I think I'll just write it off for now. Maybe the "watched pot" theory will apply.

Regarding Land Rovers, yes I've seen many photos of the prototypes on the Jeep chassis. Why re-invent the wheel! My first vehicle was a Land Rover, and I've had at least one for the past 30+ years, including my primary play toy, which is a 1/2 ton military air-portable. I bought it right when released by UK MOD Surplus abou 25 years ago. My first (1200 mile) recovery (not counting the trip across the pond). I am surpised there's no forum section here for Military Land Rovers, as there's a significant number out there. Plus, it's an official US Army vehicle (Ranger's RSOV and MRCV), albeit in small numbers. I noticed at the Georgia Steel Soldiers rally this autumn there were at least two military Land Rovers participating. Strangely, I didn't notice any Unimogs, Volvos, Tatras, or Red Army trucks there, even though Steel Soldiers has a forum for those trucks...

Frank and 3DAngus, thanks for your time and help. I'm in no hurry, as I've made up my mind that my next project is a WC-63. I'm going to take my time and learn all I can up front, and then enjoy the whole project. I know it will take a couple years. Garret

Wolfen

I am a member of the WWII Dodge Forums since I own a WC54. It has been my experience that there are new Post every day on the Forum. I can't comment on Joining since I'm not a ADMIN. However, I have contacted Bert recently since my name was mentioned in a dispute between two members and I did get a reply.

FrankUSMC

Scott, Good luck on finding a WC63, I had one, they are great vehicles! I have never owned a land rover, came VERY close to getting an air portable one like you have. It was here in North Carolina, and I missed it by a couple of hours. I do have a very nice, complete 1944 British BSA M20 motorcycle, that is it on my British stuff, no, wait, my Bride is half British. If you ever make a run to the coast of North Carolina stop by. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

scottgs

Frank, Thanks for the thoughts and advice. A friend may have ended up with that NC air portable, he's acquired about half a dozen from the Southeast US. Hard to believe that many were ever imported here! He's also got a super nice Land Rover 101 Forward Control truck. Those 101's came stock from Land Rover with the GM derived V8 and Dana 60 axles, central PTO winch, and it's got an overdrive too. Amazingly fast, smooth and quiet on the interstate, plus the cool looks of the modular air-portable body.

I found a WC-63, going to get it this week. It's rough looking, but runs and is mostly complete, except hoops and canvas, and a few parts which have rusted off... It will be a complete restoration project, but I'm pretty excited. I think they are really interesting and cool looking trucks, but I'm also especially excited because my father used to talk about them favorably. He was a mechanic in WWII, and worked on the Dodges and CCKW's a lot, along with MB's and others. Yesterday was his birthday too, so it seems appropriate that I've found the WC, and going to get it. Speaking of my father, he also had a 1940's BSA motorcycle. I think it was post war production, but I'm not really sure. I've got a picture somewhere.

Garret

snowdad

Scott,
I see you are from the Oak Ridge area. I am from Red Boiling Springs which is in the upper middle of the state on the KY line. I am on that site also. Been down a every site due to the deaths of my youngest daughter, mother then father. Hope to get back in the swing of things soon.
Phillip (snowdad)

novafied

hi, I was trying to join the ww2dodge.com also. what is the best way of doing this? it seems like you need a sponsor or know the secret handshake?? I recently bought a 41 wc 22 and found some good info here and on the ww2dodge site. the more info the better. if anyone can help me join up I would greatly appreciate it. thank you....bob

novafied

thank you wolfen for the response. I clicked on everything I could find and it all said I needed to sign in with password. how do I contact the admin. without being registered already? I even did a "how to register/join" search with no answer. am I missing something? thank you....bob

Gordon_M

YAWN

Somebody called ?

WOLFEN, that's a lovely WC 53 in your signature - I'm sorry I sold it now.

Right. WW2 Dodge Forum. Bert set it up, but we leave the registration shut as every day it is open we get 50+ spam signups and they all have to be deleted individually, which takes ages.

If anyone wants to join just send me an e-mail at Gordon(at)Dodge.org.uk and I'll open up the REGISTER link for you. Only thing I need you to do is sign up promptly, and then send me another e-mail with your chosen username so I can activate your account. Please note your first couple of messages will require individual approval before they appear.

I can also recommend military dodge.com, which is entirely separate and run by Ed.

Gordon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks