• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever seen this set up?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my truck, it had 2 stainless u- bolts hanging out of the drivers outside rear of the cab. Browsing thru the TMs I have on CD, I came across this. It's listed as an AS3900/VRC (A3017899-1).

Attachments

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the TM, there is no NSN or any number that refrences the mount, it just says mount, antenna. Is it the regular sugar scoop? or is it a totally different one? As for the pipe running up the back of the cab, it says, tube, metallic. I can just use 2 1/4 EMT. How tall is the antenna used on this type of mount? I want to put this kind of mount on the truck, 'cause I don't want 8 inches more sticking out the side of the truck and if i use an antenna that would mount on the fender or side of the bed, it would be too tall and hit things. Any ideas where this stuff could be found?

Jones

I can't seem to view your picture but there are also two "brackets" for want of a better word that run down the back corners of the cabs and are for the support legs for the ring mount. All our radio antenna brackets mount using this same bracket. Go to the Photo Gallery, open my "M35A3" folder and look for the picture titled "soft top / antenna mount"; I think it's on the second page. Should give you a pretty good idea of the current set-up.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't figure out how to copy a single page of a PDF manual, so I submitted a download of the 39 page TB. It's waiting for approval. Hope I did it right!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks