• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have several more circuit breakers and relays installed than manual requires?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looking at what the manual says should be installed in the Power Distribution Panel, and what is actually installed, and oh boy, what a mess. Every runs and works fine, but at the very least there are several things installed that don't seem to need to be there.

- I have a 3rd diode (top spot). Manual calls for 2.
- I have 2 extra relays installed in the top row, 1 extra in the bottom row.
- I have at least 5 extra circuit breakers installed.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most trucks I have seen have 3 diode packs installed.
I'm going to look at the wiring diagrams. When I pull that top diode out, the two right terminals (under the D3A column heading) aren't even populated in the power distribution panel. Maybe it's just a spare?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think they absorb spikes. One for each voltage 12 and 24. Normally diodes like that are bridge rectifiers used to convert ac to dc. I never really thought about the fact that there are 3. The trucks seem to work ok without them. Dill Blox makes the panel I wonder if they are in all of this style panel.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they absorb spikes. One for each voltage 12 and 24. Normally diodes like that are bridge rectifiers used to convert ac to dc. I never really thought about the fact that there are 3. The trucks seem to work ok without them. Dill Blox makes the panel I wonder if they are in all of this style panel.
The standard diode function is letting current flow only one way. It's not real clear what other purposes these may serve.

I'm just going through the power distribution panel because it's clear that my truck has been serviced in the past by people who were merely guessing at how to fix it. I want to make sure what is in my panel is what is supposed to be there, and that there is nothing misplaced, incorrect, or missing. It turns out I appear to have some extra stuff, so I'm going to try taking the extras out and double-checking that everything is functioning as it should be.

Ronmar

Remember that there are a lot of variations of these trucks. The power panel was configured for all these variants. Mine had relays and circuit breakers in place for the oil cooler found on the 1088...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks