• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone headed through Kentucky to North Carolina that can pick up a M1102 trailer?

Gear Report

I would appreciate any ones help in moving a small utility trailer from Carter, Kentucky to anywhere near Burlington, NC.
Have worked out a deal with the seller, but have to secure transport before we close the deal. Can't do that until I figure out how to get it home, lol.

I can drive a bit to meet you on near Burlington. I am not sure about the seller's ability to drive a bit. Of course I will contribute to your expenses.

There is not a big rush with the delivery,
So if anyone is planning on driving this way in the next few weeks Please message me here.
or email Jeff@gear-report.com
Thanks!

FloridaAKM

I am not headed that way, but did pull two of the M-1102's from Atlanta, Georgia to Gainesville, FL in two separate trips last year. They are not heavy(1470lbs) & have surge brakes. Pulling them with a Toyota Tacoma is no problem. Just a thought!

Gear Report

I would go get it myself, but I am booked solid for the next few months. Already unsure how I'm going to get 1.5 hours down the road to Ft Bragg to pick up my HMMWV when the EUC clears. Hoping someone is passing through that can snag it for me on their way.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your timing is pretty good. Next month is tha GA Rally so lots of folk will be headed south.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should be running that route by mid-October, to pick up another HMMWV in Fayetteville. I will be pulling an empty 5-ton trailer so I will need to winch the M1102 on to the 5-ton trailer rather than pull it, but it should be doable.

Gear Report

Ok. Thanks. Maybe our HMMWVs will be released about the same time. Is yours on Dunn Rd? My euc was sent to TSC July 13 or 21... So mine should be a few weeks away. :)

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, mine is on Dunn Road. Pickup is Monday, Tuesday and Friday at that location. EUC was sent on 9/19/16, but it is my third one so it should come through about a week into October. I've been driving down on Sundays, picking up on Mondays.

Gear Report

Yes, mine is on Dunn Road. Pickup is Monday, Tuesday and Friday at that location. EUC was sent on 9/19/16, but it is my third one so it should come through about a week into October. I've been driving down on Sundays, picking up on Mondays.
I am having trouble connecting with the trailer seller. Assuming I can get through to him and wrap this up, I would greatly appreciate you pulling it to NC when you come.
Thanks!

Gear Report

I should be running that route by mid-October, to pick up another HMMWV in Fayetteville. I will be pulling an empty 5-ton trailer so I will need to winch the M1102 on to the 5-ton trailer rather than pull it, but it should be doable.
Thanks cwc. I tracked down the seller today and sent the check for the trailer. So, please let me know if there will be any issue with you picking it up. :)
I'll PM you the addresses and phone numbers.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! It looks like CWC is going to pass right past the pickup and dropoff points in the next week or so and will pick it up for me. If that falls through I'll ping you.
No problem doing it, but I am still waiting on an EUC to clear; it's my third one so it should not take much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks