• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in the N Jersey area available to help repair a leaky front hub?

LiqTenEXp

Hey,

I know I don't have all the proper "big" tools to fix my one leaking axle. Is there anyone in the North Jersey area that would have time in the next month or so to help? I could drive to you or you could come to my house. Either way the pizza and beer is on me + whatever else.

I believe it could be brake fluid, I haven't run my finger through it yet but I know I am losing fluid somewhere and theres no line leaks anywhere. It could be a combo of axle and brake fluid. Either way I would be buying the parts to do the whole job (hub seals, inner axle seals, boots, and wheel cylinder kit). I may pick up some new brake shoes too just while we are in there.

Any suggestions for the parts would be appreciated. I think I covered most everything but the boot. Thats the part I need help with.

This is what I thought would be required:

M35
Axle Gasket
5330-00-599-4230
$2.50

M35
Axle Seal - F & R
5330-00-891-7826
$16.50

M35
Axle Seal - F. Inner
5330-01-152-2443
$12.50

M35
Brake, Wheel Cylinder Rbld Kit
F3619
2530-00-529-4209
$6.50

1.5 gallons of 90w gear oil
4lb of wheel bearing grease

Thanks!!!

G-Force

Lin,
I would love to help Lin but I'm in houston texas with my dad in hospice.I don't know how long this will be but when I get back home i'll pm you and see if you are finished. You're also going to need brake fluid.

Last edited:

ranchand

If you have fluid on the inside of your backing plate and you're losing brake pressure tighten up the hex bolt that connects the brake line to it. It was loose on mine:???:

LiqTenEXp

I will take a look at that. I had rebuilt my brake booster and replaced the master cylinder early this year, I am wondering if all the new found pressure is causing issues... lol

LiqTenEXp

Question, if I am only digging down to the brakes due to a leaky wheel cylinder, what seals do I need only? Just the axle seal?

G-Force

Question, if I am only digging down to the brakes due to a leaky wheel cylinder, what seals do I need only? Just the axle seal?

Rears would be inner and outer axle seals, fronts would be just inners since they do not use outers if I'm not mistaken. Wheel bearing grease and stuff to clean off the old grease on the bearings and hubs. Wheel cylinder kits for rebuilding the wheel cylinders, and brake fluid. If it were me since you just did the airpack and master I would do all the wheel cylinders. This way you can look at the condition of the bearings and shoes and also make sure you can get your lug nuts off.

LiqTenEXp

I have been looking for a good exploded diagram of the front wheels and haven't come across one. That is why I was asking what seals are used.

I would hope to eventually get around to all the brakes/wheel cylinders. The pads were done on this truck not too long ago so I am not overly worried about them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks