• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know military fire trucks?

98taco3

Mystery solved! Served at Ft. Logan in Colorado. A military fire truck historian has paperwork on the truck and where it served. He was able to identify it from its fire pumps serial number! Wonder what the chances of that are? Always neat to find the history of a vehicle!

98taco3

Thats a barn find, or more of a under a tree find. Me personally would get it into running shape, but leave the body and all as is. I think leaving it as you found it gives it its own uniqueness.
Not sure what is going to happen to it right now. Its in to nice a shape to strip down to nothing and restore. I think your right goose, it needs to stay as it is, in as found shape. You can still see the OD under alot of the red paint so its obvious it was a MV. Well see what happens!

Goose2448

I remember watching a car show where they found a Deuesdenburg Type 57 in a garage where it had sat for 55 years. They took it from there, in really bad shape(4 flats, and lots of dust and grime did not run either) and sold it at the local Christie's actuation for $780,000. Now granted the car was worth in restored condition 1.5 mill. but over half the full cost, for a BARN FIND!?!

68427vette

cool truck post pics of the data plates,, and info to who has the locations of were these served,, i have a 43 army one also:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks