• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone want LMTV fast axles/locking diffs in Maryland DC Virginia

Radortho

I am getting some axles sent up to Maryland hopefully in the next month. I wanted to see if anyone in the DMV was looking to get a set so we can save on the shipping cost? Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. The cost will depend on the number of axles we get. PM Me. Matt

Ambeihl

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same as above. I would be down for some locking diffs and gearing. Interested in price and the source.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Radortho

That is what I was hoping. I am getting the axles (3rd members) from Bryce W. I believe (I may be wrong) they are coming off MRAPs. The locking diff is also coming from Bryce. I would direct you guys to contact him. My hope is to get enough local interest to justify him coming up this way. The Mid-Atlantic is not a common route for him. So far we have two LMTV's committed, and I have soft interest from about 4 others that have PM'ed me. I figure a couple more commitments and it would make it a worthwhile trip for him. PM if you want to be put on the list. Matt

Radortho

OK, I have had a ton of private messages, more than I can keep up with. Looks like this is a definite. Bryce will be coming up to Annapolis MD end of April or early May to Annaptown Imports in Edgewater MD. He will be bringing Axles and locking diffs to install. The deal is you swap your core for the "high speed" gears for $600. This is the cost of the gear alone, no transport no install. The locking diff is $800. If you order in advance you can have the locking diff installed for $150 additional. To get the the 3rd member swapped and installed per axle is $2250 all in. The install for rear with locking diff is $3200 all in. Figure, two sets of gears swapped and installed will be $4500 total. With the two sets of gears swapped and installed with a rear locking diff will be $5450. Again, I have nothing to do with prices, installs, etc...I am simply trying to get him enough order for him to come up the east coast. If you want to have gear or installs done in Annapolis MD, please contact me by PM. If you are anywhere else, please contact Bryce directly via facebook. Search Bryce W....

coachgeo

Do you have a phone #? I don't do facebook.
He does facebook and it is the best way to reach him. Get a friend with Facebook to message him there with your number is second best I'd guess. Honestly, though I would just start a Facebook just for reaching him. Just don't use it for anything else. Pretty much what I do. Hate Facebook and only use it for reaching others who communicate thru there.

Radortho

That was a year ago!!! He came to md and did the axle swap for 3 lmtv’s...big difference, I cruise at about 60 something comfortably and I’m not is 3rd or 4th gear pulling out of a parking lot. Last time I talked to Bryce he was out west. Not sure he is coming back this way.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought an M1083 that is still in MD. I would like to change to high speed gears. Is he coming up to MD?
If you are keeping the 3 axles you will also need the proper intermediate axle gear set. I don't know if Bryce has those but Steve 6x6x6 had one advertised in the classifieds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks