• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are M818 axles lockers?

Mercuno

I had an M35 A2 and the axles were not lockers so we got stuck a lot I have found a good deal on an 818 and was wondering does it have lockers or limited slip or anything better than one tire fire thanks for the help in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USMC used Detroit NoSpins in the back of some of their 809 series trucks. I don't know if tractors were one of them.

sandcobra164

Recovery,
There was no rhyme or reason to which USMC trucks had Detroit No Spins. I've seen every variant of M809 and M939 series trucks with and without. I will say the highest concentration groups appeared to be in M817's and M923's. The trucks equipped with Detroits have a dataplate indicating so located either on the glove box door for M809 series and on the driver's side inner door skin on M939 variants.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Red barn customs does full weld up units for the 5ton. It will be your cheapest route.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CSMDAVIS might have surplus rear axles with NoSpins. They do show up from time to time.

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an M35 A2 and the axles were not lockers so we got stuck a lot I have found a good deal on an 818 and was wondering does it have lockers or limited slip or anything better than one tire fire thanks for the help in advance
My M818 has lockers in the rear. I bought it that way. It was either a USMC tractor, or the previous owner put them in.

JDToumanian

Huh, I didn't know there were any 5-tons that came from the military with lockers... I have an M818, how do you tell if it has them? Air toggle on the dash or something?

big block 88

Read post #5.

So no air toggle on the dash then. ��
Thanks sandcobra. I was more curious for if i did ever put lockers in i would like to have the proper tags and plates.

Buddy builds rock crawlers. He in fact has seveal lockers for the 5 ton rockwells... ive been hounding him for years. You never know someday he may break down and sell me 2 or 3.

sandcobra164

Blake,
Just the same air toggle switch every other M939 series truck has to engage the front drive on the transfer case. I'll do a double check on a tag picture tomorrow. I image searched google and realized I told a fib in the earlier post. The M915 series trucks have a yellow sticker, the 5 tons have a riveted on plate. We have maybe 9 M939 series trucks but most are M934's which normally don't have them. I think one of them does but after seeing so many trucks over the years, I can't be sure. When I say "We", I mean the local base here in town that I work at.

big block 88

Blake,
Just the same air toggle switch every other M939 series truck has to engage the front drive on the transfer case. I'll do a double check on a tag picture tomorrow. I image searched google and realized I told a fib in the earlier post. The M915 series trucks have a yellow sticker, the 5 tons have a riveted on plate. We have maybe 9 M939 series trucks but most are M934's which normally don't have them. I think one of them does but after seeing so many trucks over the years, I can't be sure. When I say "We", I mean the local base here in town that I work at.
Sorry i was trying to be sarcastic but the smileys didnt show up.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Alot of wreckers that had em along with 923s and 925s. I think it is picked at random. Versus a specific, hey 30 of these trucks get it, these 300 don't.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks