Arkansas Tank?

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

rumplecat

Got a call yesterday asking if I would be interested in a tank? The guy heard I restored military vehicles and his neighbor wanted a stock trailer he owned and wanted to trade him a army tank for it! He has seen the tank before but knew nothing about it, other than it has tracks. He was going over to look at it sometime this week, I asked him to find the data plate and copy all he could from it. I will update when I hear from him.
James

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Shoot, I would be walking out the door with my keys in my hand rather than posting on the forums...

:-D

Crash_AF

LOL, depending on which tracked thing it is, there might be some serious competition there... :)

Later,
Joe

grounded

Banned
LOL.. careful gimpy might of made that post. grabbed his keys and headed to Arkansas LOL!! hes going to cut his own tracks

scooter01922

i second the motion, go get in your truck and go tank hunting. I don't care what it is if its got tracks you need to grab it :) and NOW

outsider

"Tank" Yea right, I wouldn't get to excited about it. I heard of a tank around here. I was told it was complete except it was missing it's turret, so I went out and looked at it....turned out to be a M5A1 High Speed Tractor missing its ring mount. I still bought it, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Steve

mkcoen

Maybe it's an OD green horse trough. Of course that would be better than an OD green septic "tank."

maddawg308

Watch it - it could be a rotted out half-track, dozer, Weasel. Could be nothing more than a junker civvy tractor with track pads rather than wheels.

randyscycle

Had a similar thing here a few years back with a guy who had a "tank"

It was john Deere tracked crawler. Neat piece, but far from a tank.

Hope it turns out to be something worth the while!

Elwenil

Agreed, it could be some other MV other than an actual tank, but then again, how is that a bad thing? What could be bad about finding a tracked MV, regardless of size or model?

Lieutenant
Agreed, it could be some other MV other than an actual tank, but then again, how is that a bad thing? What could be bad about finding a tracked MV, regardless of size or model?

Paint it OD, put a couple of stars on it, who's gonna know?

dburt

Well????? Did anyone ever go see this tank, or get some pictures of it?? Or did it turn out to be a mistake?

ida34

"Tank" Yea right, I wouldn't get to excited about it. I heard of a tank around here. I was told it was complete except it was missing it's turret, so I went out and looked at it....turned out to be a M5A1 High Speed Tractor missing its ring mount. I still bought it, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Steve
Steve,
I saw your posting about the tractor on the G. That is a nice looking HST. I wish I could find something like that cheap on this side of the state.

Chuck

outsider

Chuck
Over the last year I've been letting a lot of people I know know that I'm looking for more MV's and alot of things are starting to shake out of the trees now. There is a lot of stuff here in Michigan, it's just a matter of finding it. lol
Steve