• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auxillary electric fan possible?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After driving the LMTV's for a while and noticing how annoying the fan on-off cycle rate is on these trucks, has anyone thought of the possibility of installing an electric fan on the radiator? Not a replacement for the stock one but an electric one that runs constantly to keep air moving through the radiator more than static air when driving at normal speeds?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Marty mounted one to the front of the condensor in front of the radiator/intercooler IMG_42181.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ramdough

Has anyone removed the direct drive fan and only used electric?

Anyone know the cfm of the stock fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reworked LMTV

CFM will be around what the Cummins drop in fan kit for the Ram truck needs. Be careful with Chinese made fans with inaccurate CFM. I looked at converting, then stopped after looking at the complexity of the fan clutch and air system.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
DSC07425.jpgDSC07415.jpgDSC07403.jpg They measure 23.5" X 16" and 4.25" thick. Can be separated. Fans blades approx 11". The move alot of air. Can push or pull. Draws around 5.5 amps at 24 volts per fan.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Have not mounted one yet. But since they can go either way and/or be separated and individually mounted sideways they should work. Hundred bucks plus the shipping.

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably will work great on the FMV as there is lots of airflow but I know that when you put them on the Humvee they do not work as they block air at high speed. The fan covers about a third of the rad with plastic and the CFM is great at low speed but less than the air moving through the rad without the fan on the outside at high speed. I think this is due to the design of the Humvee stack and will not be the same on the FMV

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think separated one sideways will fit on the humvee radiator pushing in. You can remove the rubber flaps and still have decent airflow without the fan. At 28 volts it moves as much air as driving would.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks