• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle Weights

TBigLug

Can someone fill in the blanks for me. I need the weights of 2.5 ton Rockwell s vs. 5 ton Rockwells. Looking for shipping weights basically, including drum brakes and front steering components. Trying to get a no BS measurement. I asked around but no one seems to know exactly what they weigh. I keep getting "Oh yeah them 5 tonners are like 2,000 to 3,000 lbs, yada yada. I've never weighed one but they have to be." Hard to do any calculating with a shoot from the hip guesstimate.

Thanks.

2.5 ton
Front: 830 lbs.
Rear: 660 lbs.

5 ton
Front: 1,200 lbs.
Rear: 800 lbs.

Last edited:

TBigLug

Cool, now anyone have weights for the 5 ton. Don't know why that thread didn't come up before. All I was getting was the weights of complete trucks... No matter how much I learn I find I still have a long way to go. My only hope is I don't stop learning until I'm in the ground!

grounded

Banned
LOL ..... i just remember seeing what they weighted when we put them on a scale at the farm once to see how much they changed weight when we took the brakes off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks