• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back Up again from GP auction?

BadRobot

I just curious. I bided on M1102 trailer and I did not win. The selling price was $1,3xx. A couple months later, it showed up on GP listing again. Then bided on it. I did not win the second time. The selling price was $9.xx. Then the same M1102 showed up the following week. I bided on it again for the third time but did not win. The selling price was $6xx. Then it showed up for the fourth time in the following week. I bided on it again but did not win. The selling price was $9xx.

My questions are:
1. Can bidder back off from the auction?
2. Is there any insider from GP to perform a fake bid to stir up the price? I have no prove but just a question. M1102 is not expensive. I don't think someone would spend their time to stir the price up but it is possible. Otherwise, how come the same M1102 showed up 4 times.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
People do default on bids and they get reposted. They have to pay a fee to bid on stuff ever again

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

reaper556

As to the original question jwade has said in the past they have about a 30% default rate but 4 times on the same unit I'm not sure about.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a few items get recycled 3+ times over the course of a few months. I can understand if the item is immediately relisted if the buyer backs out and pays the fee but I can also see why GP might hold onto the item and relist a short while later. I know from the GL days if a truck got relisted multiple times in a row without a break something beyond what the photos could show was wrong with it and may have been worth abandoning it. With GP it's hard to say if it's a buyer default on purpose, default by accident, "not as described", or worse.. you just never know.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Final Selling Price Ranges
Default FeeLate Payment Fee
(per business day per item)
$2,500 or less$500$10
$2,501 to $10,000$1,500$25
$10,001 to $25,000$2,500$50
$25,001 to $50,000$4,000$100
$50,001 to $100,000$5,000$250
$100,000 or greater$6,500$250

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Terms are payment in three days, right?

"Hey honey, do we have 8k in checking?"

Wonder how often that causes a default.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Does seem strange. One truck I had bid on had a 6500 starting bid last week now listed with a 10k starting bid and it only went for 9k at previous bid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks