• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Backwards slave cable adapter?

dikwks

I picked up a 24v pump unit today; when I went to check the operation, I found that it was a NATO style connector. My truck has the older style two pin connector. The guy that I got the truck from gave me a two pin slave cable and 3 adapters. When I tried to plug one in to the truck, it arced. I looked at the adapter and found that the arc was at the shell and the positive terminal. I checked continuity from the shell to the pin after checking that I hadn't put it in backwards and found that they were connected. I checked all three and found one that checked and worked ok. The good one is on top and the two wacky ones are on bottom in the picture. The one that worked is clearly marked "+". In the picture, the black circle is the pin that has continuity with the shell and the red is the one that does not. Anybody else come across this? TM and thread search didn't help.

Attachments

reloader64

We tried to slave m813rc's V-100 when it tossed the alternator belt and got the same results. He swapped the leads on the slave port in the truck. The thought that the adapter might be backward never occurred to me.

Scott

M813A1

All you need is the adapter that fit the old to the new NATO plug !! you can get them on EGAY !! You can get the adapterfor about $ 40 bucks

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I get for letting someone else hook up the cables to the slave receptacle during the restoration. He apparently assumed that the shorter cable went to the nearest connector.
That means, of course, he attached the positive lead to the grounding stud and the longer negative lead to the hot terminal. :roll:

But I didn't check his work myself afterwards, and it was my vehicle......:doh:

After the spark and the "THAT wasn't supposed to happen!" look between myself and Reloader, a quick trace run of the wires showed the problem and it was an easy fix.

Cheers

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks