• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banned by Govplanet over Red Rock pickup (and refusal to place shelter in the back of my 1 ton)..

tage

Came to pick up a s250 shelter and the guy running the lot refused to load it into "any pickup I was to bring". Said to hire a flatbed. I left and went to get my flatbed . As new guy working in OCP's. I just though he was a super solider. I asked what his MOS was and it was an Uh what's that...? whatever. I'll see you tomorrow. Not the normal older guy that is working and I have not had issues with dozen + times I've been there.

I get home and an email from Andrew Copeland of post sales of govplanet is in my inbox offering me a partial refund and a permanent ban. "Additionally, after review of the interaction on the yard today, please note that your account has been closed on all Ritchie Bros. platforms and will not be re-opened. Poor behavior, hostile interactions, and threats made to our employees will not be tolerated.
Take care.

Thanks. "

SOB's stated that I tried to run him over in my truck. What's worse is this guy refused to load assist a golf cart (w/o batteries) into the bed of another old lady with a f350 dually. Made her get ramps. She was as pissed as I was. I just told him that he was wrong.

Here's the YouTube of him video taping me as I left and getting told to leave.

Last edited:

tage

well, in most cases, it’s a differing of opinions and facts, what makes you or anyone else believe that there is a “Right and wrong”, it’s not that black and white
It would be nice if it was a simple "he said she said". The fact I had my elder mother in the truck and she even tried to conflict resolution with the guy is what I find most disturbing. "We'll come back with a new truck" "no I will not load any truck you bring because I cannot get the forks out from under the shelter." Well, let's put it on a pallet" I don't have 8ft pallets. "lets put two together and point at the pallet stack at the dumpster". Simple no. "you're gonna have to hire a flatbed for me to release it." I got in my truck to leave as I knew at that point he was refusing to even bring it out to me. When I made my 3 point turn to get out of the yard he started to record myself. and in turn I did as well.

Maybe I'm the butt head in this situation. I did not curse. swear. belittle (beyond asking ocp wearing dude what his mos was) or threaten the lot attendant. But the fact there's another lady that was there the same time as me getting the same attitude and unwillingness to load assist (made the lady buy ramps for a golf cart that did not have batteries) from the same employee shows that I am not the limiting factor. Andrew Copeland ie the post sales manager libelled myself. I have the threatening running him over which is obviously bravo Sierra as I have uploaded myself leaving the yard on YouTube. "Additionally, the decision to ban your account was made by me and remains in place as I am over post-sale operations. If you choose to pursue legal action you can have your lawyer send their letter to me directly and I will respond accordingly."

Andrew Copeland also refuses to give me his immediate supervisor and/or reporting director. After two emails he replies "Thank you again for your note."

As for a follow up. The other lady that was treated poorly decided to go through Richie Bros down as we exchanged contact information in the yard due to how poorly we were both treated. We have both received calls from director of operations for Richie Bros and Govplanet as of today. Next week will be interesting. I expect the ban to lifted and Andrew Copeland to be looking for a new job. As well as the lot attendant. Share the YouTube video. 1.8k views in 24 hours.

BTW I've bought probably 20,000 worth of junk from them over the years including a big chunk of states and yards. Never have I had to deal with such incompetence....

Last edited:

INFChief

It would be nice if it was a simple "he said she said". The fact I had my elder mother in the truck and she even tried to conflict resolution with the guy is what I find most disturbing. "We'll come back with a new truck" "no I will not load any truck you bring because I cannot get the forks out from under the shelter." Well, let's put it on a pallet" I don't have 8ft pallets. "lets put two together and point at the pallet stack at the dumpster". Simple no. "you're gonna have to hire a flatbed for me to release it." I got in my truck to leave as I knew at that point he was refusing to even bring it out to me. When I made my 3 point turn to get out of the yard he started to record myself. and in turn I did as well.

Maybe I'm the asshole in this situation. I did not curse. swear. belittle (beyond asking ocp wearing dude what his mos was) or threaten the lot attendant. But the fact there's another lady that was there the same time as me getting the same attitude and unwillingness to load assist (made the lady buy ramps for a golf cart that did not have batteries) from the same employee shows that I am not the limiting factor. Andrew Copeland ie the post sales manager libelled myself. I have the 'threatening running him over' which is obviously bravo Sierra as I have uploaded myself leaving the yard on YouTube. "Additionally, the decision to ban your account was made by me and remains in place as I am over post-sale operations. If you choose to pursue legal action you can have your lawyer send their letter to me directly and I will respond accordingly."

Andrew Copeland also refuses to give me his immediate supervisor and/or reporting director. After two emails he replies "Thank you again for your note."

As for a follow up. The other lady that was treated poorly decided to go through Richie Bros down as we exchanged contact information in the yard due to how poorly we were both treated. We have both received calls from director of operations for Richie Bros and Govplanet as of today. Next week will be interesting. I expect the ban to lifted and Andrew Copeland to be looking for a new job. As well as the lot attendant. Share the YouTube video. 1.8k views in 24 hours.

BTW I've bought probably 20,000 worth of junk from them over the years including a big chunk of states and yards. Never have I had to deal with such incompetence....
I doubt Copeland will be out of a job.

INFChief

Maybe I'm the asshole in this situation. I did not curse. swear. belittle (beyond asking ocp wearing dude what his mos was) or threaten the lot attendant. But the fact there's another lady that was there the same time as me getting the same attitude and unwillingness to load assist (made the lady buy ramps for a golf cart that did not have batteries) from the same employee shows that I am not the limiting factor. Andrew Copeland ie the post sales manager libelled myself. I have the 'threatening running him over' which is obviously bravo Sierra as I have uploaded myself leaving the yard on YouTube. "Additionally, the decision to ban your account was made by me and remains in place as I am over post-sale operations. If you choose to pursue legal action you can have your lawyer send their letter to me directly and I will respond accordingly."

I’ve spent that much in less than a year.

tage

I doubt Copeland will be out of a job.
With how quick AC is to push litigation and him be the sole recipient for the POC... I think he's done this many times.

I have also noticed Red Rock location relist a bunch of stuff over the last few months. Mostly bulky items and palleted material.... I feel RedRock is showing a pattern.

INFChief

With how quick AC is to push litigation and him be the sole recipient for the POC... I think he's done this many times.

I have also noticed Red Rock location relist a bunch of stuff over the last few months. Mostly bulky items and palleted material.... I feel RedRock is showing a pattern.
So Copeland works more at the “corporate level”. I buy from PA, MD, and NV. Each location has its own managers. In PA for example, they have a warehouse & a yard; each is managed by a different person.

I don’t know how your location (s) are set up. I haven’t had an issue with the yard I use so I’m not sure who I would call. Copeland deals with EUC’s & SF97’s. When I had SF97 issues I dealt with Copelands department but never spoke or dealt with him directly.

I should find out who Copeland reports to just to know who his boss is.

INFChief

come' on man.

but really. it's just junk that I use on my farm. I do not resell.
Sometimes when I want one or two items it comes on a skid or pallet box with lots of other stuff. I only resell the stuff that I don’t need. It’s not a job for me and it’s not for the money. Sometimes I’ll go after something that I feel I can resell or it’s bulk of an item that many FMTV owners might need and I can share. Sometimes I take a gamble - like with a transformer-rectifier that goes to a Phalanx weapon system. It’s for sale!

I will tell you that the guys at my yard are pretty dang good. They will load & try to position your stuff exactly where you want it. I would not say that they aren’t concerned with what items get loaded on but I reckon they figure it’s your business. If it’s clearly unsafe I’m certain they would not load an item.

Your yard guy might be somewhat of a jerk but I honestly cannot see him getting fired or even in trouble as he made a judgment call. The video you took might help but you’ve got to get that to the right person.

INFChief

Cool; good for you; how or why does that matter?!?…just curious
Exactly; you caught on pretty quick. It doesn’t matter how many dollars are dropped at RB/GP/IP ….. unless it’s quite a substantial amount. A BIG spender buyer may get some special treatment, but not us little guys. I’ve found extraordinary customer service to be more about relationship building than money.

tage

Exactly; you caught on pretty quick. It doesn’t matter how many dollars are dropped at RB/GP/IP ….. unless it’s quite a substantial amount. A BIG spender buyer may get some special treatment, but not us little guys. I’ve found extraordinary customer service to be more about relationship building than money.
Would think they would be happier with a loyal customer that buys throughout the years. Instead of the 'one and done guys' who buy a vehicle and get burned....

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The Tucson and Red rock yard are staffed by clowns, especially the site manager, i think his dad works for him too. He isn't good about showing up when he is supposed to at other non staffed sites.

In one instance I was picking up a bigger wheeled forklift. Sold out of Flagstaff at the guard unit there. Got it scheduled to pick it up etc. He didn't show. Tried the next week, he didn't show. he then had a lowboy take the wheel loader from that guard unit in Flagstaff to the Tucson yard so it was easier to get picked up since they were there everyday BUT the haul bill for the lowboy had to be paid BEFORE it would be released to me. After 4 days of phone calls that bill was ate by them.

Then when I tried to pick it up he wouldn't release it cause I had the 870A1 and not an RGN. Even though the neck lays down to drive on. He just was an idiot saying it was an RGN. So that took another phone call to someone and then he didn't have a choice but to release it.

This also happened with a loader at was at the national guard unit in Phoenix, They moved it after the sale then wanted to charge folks for it to make it more convenient for them.

Same thing happened to another member here at the Yuma proving ground remote site. Wouldn't show up. So between scheduling trucks and wreckers to load it, it became a hassle as well.

There is another thread here about the Tucson yard not showing up when suppose go etc.

tage

Snip
...The video you took might help but you’ve got to get that to the right person.

So there's three confirmed refusal to load due to incompetence. Anyone else have a negative dealings with this guy?
I'll send the link to the other thread to Joe Devillez (director of ops of govplanet) as well as this one here.

Attachments

INFChief

Would think they would be happier with a loyal customer that buys throughout the years. Instead of the 'one and done guys' who buy a vehicle and get burned....
Hey, I’m with you. The level of customer service should not be based on the amount of money someone spends. Unless they specifically go and look, those yard guys have no idea what we pay for stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks