• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries?

rmgill

Ok, I have a shorted cell in one of my 2 Batteries.

Should I go with Optimas or the standard 6TLs? I can get the local batteries plus to match the $130 for 6TL's from Interstate.

gbooth

Ryan... See if they have BLEMS I got my 6TL at Interstate for $40.00 each and they came with the standard warranty. Had one go bad they replaced it no questions asked.

Towman2277

Interstate blems is the best way to go moneywise, and just a great deal if you look at the benefits. They check, charge, and warranty the same batterys as the new.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd not buy any more wet-cell batteries if givin a choice. Optimas' have just a much or more power than the 6TL's, and are $100 per at costco. It is easy to make up a plywood mounting plate for the two ofthem in your regular battery box.

Average life here in the desert is 6 to 7 years in a 24-Volt tactical.

dg

devilman96

These guys have the adapter plate but I don't know how much they get for them??? http://www.milbatteries.com/accessories/adapter.html

Napa's 9934/78 is actually a better gel but I don't know if they will fit the Optima adapter or not... Cost is about 150$ but I can justify that with a 84 month warranty...

Also if you were wanting to add 12V three of these drop into the stock box perfectly and a hold down rack is REALLY easy to make for them. Just ignore the grinding dust and such in the pic!!!

Attachments

beetle

Where are you guys getting 6tl's for forty bucks? I checked with the interstate wholesaler in central pennsylvania & he didn't even want to discuss blems. He would however sell me 1st quality 6tls for $150.00 each. All I wanted. Thanks Beetle

Blythewoodjoe

I get mine at the store in Columbia SC. Been getting them there for almost 3 years. They always have 20 or 30 of them and I have gotten for as little as $25 if they really want to move them.

houdel

Go to the Interstate battery home page & use the dealer locator to find dealers in your area. I found about a dozen dealers in my area, couldn't find any blems but the dealers quoted me prices for new batteries ranging from $105 to $160. It pays to shop around.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oddly enough I've been buying the cheapest batts that Walmart sells. After 4 years just chuck em and get 2 new ones. I've yet to have a problem. The wrecker has 2 reman group 31 batts in it. $20 ea and they crank it over sans effort. The were in there from when I bought it and it had the gasser mill. I'm not showing my junk so I'll just run these cheapies. If I ever brew up some fording equipment, I'll have to go to the gel cell or 6TLs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks