• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Hookup

1986Blazerk5

how should the batterys be hooked up in a stock system? mine are hooked up back battery positive to front battery positive, then the same for the negitive then front battery negitive to ground

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have 2 alternators still?

Sounds like someone may have converted your truck to 12 volts.

Need to know more background. Is the truck new to you? Where did you buy it? Are you haveing trouble with the electrical system(why are you asking now)

1986Blazerk5

Yes i still have 2 alternators, i also have the resistor for the glow plugs on the firewall, i have had this truck for about a year, i bought it at conley auto in brighton he had 5 of them when i bought it and he did not change it as far as i know, what would be another way to check for a stock 24 volt system, I'm asking because the gen 2 light does not come on when i turn the key to on, then i checked the red wire on the passenger side alternator and got 12.56, and my batteries are hookup positive to positive then negitive to negitive

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like your truck has been converted to 12V. I need more info to confirm that it has been done throughly and correctly(several ways to do it).

I'd go back to the dealer you bought it from, and ask what they did.

Other than that, you need to look at the schematics and figure it out yourself.(to be 100% sure)

Last edited:

amphi

This link has some simplified pictorial diagrams I made for an article in Military Vehicles Magazine:

CUCV

The pictorial diagrams show the 24v-charging portion only with wire colors and numbers.

The excitation portion can be seen in the first TM wiring diagram on the page.

The wire numbers can be decoded by referencing a chart the TM.

Hope this helps.

Gary

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks