• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Benmar-Hupp Fuel Fired Heater

brianrbull

I have been working on a Benmar - Hupp Heater 20k BTU I can get it to fire but when operating it makes a "Growling" noise (Noise is more pronounced on High Heat) . it is NOT bearings or fan noise. it is the way fuel burns. The heater is brand new (Well right out of the box) I have the manual that came with the heater but it gives no information on how to adjust the fuel. any one out there experienced with these heaters?.

brianrbull

Update: Found source of The "Growl".....
I was running it with no exhaust.... (Yeah Yeah I know CO is DEADLY but the barn is drafty)
Installed some stainless flex tube from one of my Laundry units and now it is quiet ( Other than it sounds like a small turbine) I am using it to heat my 30 foot 5th wheel camper... 20k BTU is way too much for this camper .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks