• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Rearview Camera Setups for HMMWV

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have advice on which rear view or surround view camera setup is best for the elements, and holds up well in the HMMWV? Rear camera would be mounted to the back of a four door hard top setup, or an airlift bumper with a rhino tire carrier. I've seen a lot of foreign made junk on eBay and Amazon, with reports of cameras fogging up, etc. Wouldn't mind having front and rear facing cameras if possible, and would like one that won't overheat the screen or camera if the rear view camera is left on all the time while driving. We have a solid rear curtain so we expect it to be left on most of the time. I've seen videos of the surround view cameras that activate with the blinker as well, but the only one I've found available is thousands of dollars. Thanks guys!

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been looking at RV 4 and 6 camera systems. They claim to be able to be left on, and I've not see a lot of reports of fogging up. My only issue with them for side cameras they look completely out of place on the HMMWV, and I'm worried if I mount it on the back bumper of damage.

(6 camera was an idea to hook one or two up to a trailer to get full video.)

MattNC

I got a two camera system from Amazon that’s been working well. The wireless flickers every once in a while but been pretty good. It was 24v capable and I tied the camera into the tail lights and the monitor into the dash light since I always drive with the lights on. It was this model. LeeKooLuu-LK6

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Use a 24v solenoid in the battery box that kicks on with the main switch. 24063 cole Harsee solenoid.

I have them on bigger trucks. Usually 2 on top of the cab facing each direction. Interior and one on the passengers rockerpanel to see the blind spot.

You would want to use rear interior roof for one with the other right above it.

If you can find the micro cams you can gut the blackout from the tail lamps or the front blackout and install your camera in them and seal it up around the lens like the BAE check 6 tail lights use.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks