• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown fuse

Warren Lovell

Okay, I added a cigarette lighter to my M1009. I plugged the power lead for the cig lighter into the "v-mtr" fuse panel slot. When I pushed in the lighter, it blew the bottom 10 amp fuse that feeds power to the volt meter.

Where should I plug this lead for the lighter into?

Can I run a higher amp fuse in the 10 amp slot?

What amp rating should I use for the Cig lighter?

Thanks for your help guys,

Warren

mangus580

Warren, look at the fuse panel, there should be some openings that are marked IGN and are just a single terminal. Use one of these, and fuse you Cig lighter with an inline fuse. I would guess a 15-20 amp fuse would work for it. The other option, is if you need to use one of those 'fuse' taps, first make sure you use dielectric grease on it, and hook it to the side of the fuse that has power when the fuse is out, so you dont blow that fuse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks