• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed 818 4sale-not mine

A guy at work told me about a truck that was painted like a "TONKA" truck he saw at a dealer just south of Traverse City. Went looking to take pics, but didn't find that one. I did find this one, though.

Looks like a pretty decent job on the bob, don't know about the engine or tranny. I've included the phone number and price in one of the pics.

This pictures were taken at the Suzuki Motorcycle dealer on US31 south of Traverse City, MI.

Attachments

Last edited:

frankieboy

That WAS a nice truck until they cut her up. What a shame, and it was a rebuilt truck, too. I will add that they did a good job butchering the truck, very neatly done, but, still, what a shame.

wdbtchr

I don't have so much a problem with bobbing a deuce or 5 ton as much as putting huge tires on them. I have a hard time getting into my 5 ton with 1100X20s that I can't imagine putting bigger tires on it. Besides I like the look of duals.2cents for what it's worth.

Pappa-G

See what they are selling for. An unmodified M818 in good condition wont sell for over $7k. If it needs paint or any work you would be lucky to get $4k. But drop an axel, put some 16x20's on and fresh coat of paint and it sells for over $13K.
The fellow that built the one thats pictured just sold a M818 4x4 with a M105 bed on and a set of 16X20 tires. Nice work, nice paint sold on ebay for just under $13.5K
He also had another M818 with the big tires and a duce bed on it. It looked like an M35 on steroids.
I think its cool as hell! Buy them mod them and make them yours!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
YIKES. I also like the looks of a nice bobed truck but that ain't what I was thinkin'.

KsM715

If he gets close to what he's asking, its gonna make it hard for me not to bob mine and sell it so I can buy a wrecker.

That is a mean looking truck too.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To short and wrong bed and I don't believe you need to carry an extra tire as those could be run without air with that little bit of weight.

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

I'm sure this isn't a bad thing if you like this sort of thing with the bobbing ,but to me they just killed a great truck . What could you possiby use this thing for other than for getting some turned heads . You couldn't haul a bad habit in that thing ...Looks like it went from hard core to hopeless in a bad way ..............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks