• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed '84 AMGeneral

Dipstick

Hello all,
I thought I'd include a few pictures of my Deuce. So far, I've done some brake and electrical work on it. It has a Whistler turbo and hydraulic power steering. It's a drop side too. The tires are Firestone T831s and they are 11R-20 43" diameterDSCF0867.jpgDSCF0871.jpgDSCF0859.jpgDSCF0866.jpg. I wanted to keep it looking like a military truck even though it's bobbed. It fits in a standard parking place quite nicely and the short wheelbase is perfect for negotiating tight, twisty N.J. roads. I live in Phillipsburg N.J. by the way. I hope you like my truck. It drives really well for what it is.
Owen "Dipstick" McCaffrey

Dipstick

Thanks everyone!

Looks good. I'm in Mercer Co. NJ. Hopefully once I get my M932A2 on the road we could setup a drive.
Thank you all for your kind words.

Caliber1....your locking door handles work great!

TurboMustang....we will have to set up a drive. There must be a lot of Mil Vehicle owners in N.J. Do you have a lot to do on your 932? They are badass looking trucks. I have to fix my air horn and get "Brutus" inspected soon. Hopefully, I'm going to put new composite light lenses, reflectors, and a new turn signal control lever on today.

TurboMustang....we will have to set up a drive. There must be a lot of Mil Vehicle owners in N.J. Do you have a lot to do on your 932? They are badass looking trucks.
I had a friend pick it up from New Castle on a lowboy tractor trailer. He started it right up without a jump and drove it on the trailer. Got it home, drove it off the trailer and I started inspecting it. Crank damper/pulley was setting in the frame rail. It seperated from the hub. I ordered a new damper, should be here next week.
The truck seems to be in great shape, heck, the darn thing ran and drove great with no damper lol

Dipstick

Turbo
I just got in from putting on the new lenses and turn signal switch. What a difference! The original 28 year old lenses were really dull by comparison. That's really something about your damper. I'm glad it didn't cause you any major problems. I hope it's an easy fix for you. I know it's tough to wait on parts. They can never come fast enough.
Dipstick

Dipstick

Hurricane Sandy bowled it over. Too bad because I loved to look at that tree from my third floor balcony. It had to be 95-100' tall. Majestic. Some guys cut it up and took it away using a backhoe and an equipment trailer. Took them three days. Probably hired by the town. Thanks for your comment on Brutus my bobber. Just have to replace the horn solenoid now (on order from Erik's) and it's time for inspection. I've actually caught people getting out of their cars and trucks snapping photos of him. One of my female neighbors wants to go for a ride. People stop and talk to me when I'm working on him. How is that Bob project of yours going? We both have the same power steering set up.

Dipstick

I finished the power steering. Now I'm in the middle of installing disc brakes. Next up is 3-color camo paint and A/C+Heat. It never ends!
Hank, Are those the discs that go on the drive shaft flanges? If you do a drive shaft disc on the front axle and have lock outs in 2wd drive don't you lose 1/2 your brakes?

Owen "Dipstick"

Dipstick

Thank you pctrans! It took me 57 years to live the dream. Just decided I wasn't going to get old and addled without fulfilling it. The fun begins when I push the start button and 134 roaring ponies of White LDT rumble to life.

MO MV man

Thank you pctrans! It took me 57 years to live the dream. Just decided I wasn't going to get old and addled without fulfilling it. The fun begins when I push the start button and 134 roaring ponies of White LDT rumble to life.
My old bobber was a whistler and OH SO many times folks at gas stations would ask, "is that thing turned-up?" since the whistler sounded like a Cummins with hot rod parts.
Couldn't help but laugh. :)

You're right, few vehicles are THAT much fun driving slow. LOL

HanksDeuce

Hank, Are those the discs that go on the drive shaft flanges? If you do a drive shaft disc on the front axle and have lock outs in 2wd drive don't you lose 1/2 your brakes?

Owen "Dipstick"
Owen, no, this is the full disc brake setup that replaces the existing drums. It's a Ford 15" disc and F550 caliper at each corner. I would never run a pinion brake setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks