• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

body rebuild

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This body was a wreck....but after about 1000 rivets, 6 tubes of body panal adhesive and a ton of labor...she is back together.
while it was cheaper to just source another body, this was for a customer who is building it as a tribute to his fallen comrades he served with....just needs final paint.

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IED? Holy crap.... I think it would have looked better original as long as it was structurally sound. Thanks you guys for serving.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back when I was doing what you are doing, my rule was, if a body was rolled and the A pillar beam was cracked, the body went in the scrap!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen Steve's work up close and can say that the truck's that he works on actually come out better than when they came off the assembly line. Please keep us posted as this restoration comes along.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that's a lot of work. If that wasn't a customers request would you normally have scrapped that one or do you go that deep into them?

I would have have recovered the good parts off of it...and that wasn't much. Fenders, 1/4 deck panels, D-beam and a few other items...it got new floors, entire A-pillar area, new battery box floor, left and right rocker panals, new rear seat bases' new B-beam uprights and sails. I still have to put in a new steering column support.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me add, before the GP trucks, I would have rebuilt a body this way, did several. But now that body's are cheap and plentiful...it's not economically feasible. I was able to get 10k or more for a rebuilt body.

infidel got me

WOW, that's not a rebuild that's a resurrection. Do you work alone- or do you have other employees? Is it a common practice to rebuild the tubs, I noticed a few in the background. Outstanding job, I must say you are focused on what you do.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, that's not a rebuild that's a resurrection. Do you work alone- or do you have other employees? Is it a common practice to rebuild the tubs, I noticed a few in the background. Outstanding job, I must say you are focused on what you do.
i have 3 employees, me, myself and I, we sleep and eat together, work the same hours, even share the same wife...lol
no, just me....thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks