• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bone Head Mistake. . .

Entropy455

I drove a piece of pipe into my M923 radiator. It punched a hole clean through the radiator, and also bent one of the fan blades. (it was bone-head accident involving a piece of 1.25" steel well water pipe. . . . .)

Is it feasible to pull the radiator’s end-caps and plug the damaged tubes? Or am I asking for trouble? How would you plug? JB-Weld, Solder, etc? Would I need to cut new end-cap gaskets, or is it safe to reuse the old gaskets? What type of rubber???

If anyone has a used M923 radiator, and possibly a fan, I’m in the market. . . .

I still can't belive I broke my truck while it was parked :(

hangfire

You can patch it for the short term (get you by till you get the new one delivered you just ordered)
Use a pair of needle nose pliers to pinch off the ends of each of the tubes at the damaged location fold them over carefully and crimp tightly using the needle nose pliers. Now you need to have a weak muradic acid solution to wash the ends, you can get this at hardware or paint store, it is usually pink in color. Now with propane torch and a roll of good acid core solder sweat solder the crimped ends.
This will keep you for the short term.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks