• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Borrowed Utility trailer

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also very dangerous, that trailer probably outweighs that car!:cookoo::cookoo::cookoo:
The tongue should be flipped on the 105 to help a little and a raised hitch wouldn't hurt. But the Liberty weighs 4100lbs. Empty 105 is 2700. Liberty has a 5000lb towing capacity as well.

I towed my 105 home with my jeep wrangler. Granted it has a longer wheelbase than my wife's liberty. But it had zero issues at all.

Oh and FWIW, I had my wife's liberty towing my car hauler (2500lbs) with 11 5 ton wheels with brand new 11.00R20's on them. (So tack on another 2500lbs at least) It did get a little sketchy at times at bridges and surface changes, but it did fine.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the 5,000 lb tow limit is WITH trailer brakes, and I know that his jeep and the air brakes of the trailer are not compatible. Hope it's not far, and he has good insurance.

Tanner

... so, a chick-Jeep will (sort-of) tow an M105 trailer. Who knew that Charles Darwin's present-day descendent would attempt such a thing. Was their Honda Civic tow vehicle in the shop? Because you CAN do it doesn't mean that you SHOULD do it.

Borrowed trailer? I'd imagine that they borrowed a sack of brass marbles to go along with it -

Wow... I wonder if any pucker-inducing panic stops occurred during the trip. Sphincter-aerobics, anyone? :cookoo:

'Tanner'

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost anything with an engine and a hitch will tow a 105 trailer. A much smaller percentage of vehicles can stop them safely - with or without a load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks