• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A M1028-having trouble getting a title

656owner

I bought a M1028 a few months ago from guy who bought it from GL (so he says).
He never had a title issued for it, so I gave him what he was asking for the truck minus $500. And with a hand shake deal I agreed to give him the remaining $500 when the title was ready. Expecting it would take a month at the most.
That was around November.. He does not answer my calls or respond to my messages..

So my question: is it possible for me to get a title for this truck? And if it is who or what agency do I need to go to?

Last edited:

ryan77

For the sf97 from gl the original purchaser can only request one. You might have a problem getting a title. Have you contacted Michigan dmv? You might have to do a bonded title.

656owner

I believe you answered my question. Thanks.
I have not contacted the Michigan DMV yet.

1st I may drive back and speak with my seller face to face.

MarcusOReallyus

Have you taken the truck's temperature? With no title, it just might be a little hot.

No way would I buy a vehicle without legal paperwork. YMMV.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it has never been titled go to the S.O.S get a V.I.N. verifacation form .Have a local police agency come out and do a V.I.N. inspection , if it comes up no record on file and not stolen .Take the form to the S.O.S and apply for a new title
SOS - Assembled Vehicles - State of Michigan

At the bottom of the page is related documets , you want the second link for: Form ( TR-54 )
Michigan doesn't do bonded titles.

Last edited:

656owner

I
Have you taken the truck's temperature? With no title, it just might be a little hot.

No way would I buy a vehicle without legal paperwork. YMMV.
I never said I was smart.
Since he had a very large amount of military surplus, trucks, trailers, etc and I've bought some M101 trailers from him in the past I thought he was legit and would want a repeat customer happy.
I had run the vin# through another sight, and came up with nothing.
I'll try again with your reccomended sight.

ryan77

Ive heard Michigan is the easiest to get a title for in your situation! Illinois is the worse, No title you screwed!!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The purple text in post # 5 is a link to the Secratary Of State website . At the bottom of the page on that link is a link for the form . If you have any questions PM me your phone number.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks