• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boy Scout "Boot" Camp-O-ree

tankdriver

It was a cold and snow was falling, when we loaded up and headed to the Boy Scout 2015 Boot Comporee. BUT it was well worth it.

We carried a 37mm, 57mm and 3” anti-tank guns, a 45 Willis Jeep, and a Dodge 43 WC63 down. There was apx 200 Boy Scouts there. After we got set up, around 10 I started giving rides. I stopped about 12 to get lunch, and when we walked out of the mess hall, the WC had a full load setting in the back waiting, on us in the snow and rain. As soon as I got back and MADE them get off, another group was waiting to get on.

The WC was run harder that it has since Norway had it in full service. I ran it for about 5 hours straight, just stopping to go to the little boy’s room and to eat. I burned over 25 gallons of gas running it on very muddy wet roads. I did not have one problem on the WC. It ran great.

I loved every cold minute of it, and the kids loved it. AND that is the main thing. If you look at the average age of our average collector, if we do not get the kids interested in our hobby, there will not be a hobby in another 20 years. Check with your local Boy Scout Troop and get involved. You’ll find it will be worth your time.

IMG_0129.jpg IMG_0566.jpg IMG_0568.jpg IMG_0569.JPG IMG_0572.JPG IMG_0578.JPG IMG_0580.JPG IMG_0585.JPG IMG_1582.jpg IMG_1587.jpg

wcuhillbilly

great pics. and very true of involving todays youth with the "old way",, Love the reaction by young boys to my 1919a4 Browning in the local museum.... several have actually gotten to fire it a few times.... Ok,,, ammo is expensive..... Fine batch of boy sprouts there, (As an Eagle I can say that) I have tryed to get involved with the BSA here in Wyoming as my youth was spent with Troop 137 Caroleen NC of the Peidmont Council, however with my "on call" status as a Ranger for one of the alphabet land management agencies, and two side business, things just dont seem to work out. Not to mention the latest decision by the supreme court. I can remember fighting that back in the late 80s.....

Carry on Sir!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks