• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake light wiring

Strong50

IMG_2040.jpgIMG_2039.jpgIMG_2043.jpgHey Everyone. I have looked through the TM's, might not have looked the right places? I'm putting new cheapie LED Stop/Turn/tail lights behind the bed I'm building for my M1088. Those cheap LEDS will be in boxes that will Illuminate some Red tinted Lexan that will be mounted on the rear of the bed skirt. I'm doing this because I going to have some designs laser cut into the bed skirt and the LEDS will illuminate the Lexan which will show through the laser cut designs. Sorry if i lost you there.

My question is, which wire from the trucks wiring loom should I attach the three wires on the back of the new LED Lights. Or.... Am I way off base and the new lights will not operate off of the trucks existing wiring?

Also, if anyone needs anything of the parts and pieces I'm taking off the M1088 I'd be happy to send them to you. I'll collect the stuff and take a picture in the next week or so.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Look forward to watching this progress. Shoot a pic of the front of your light-in-a-box set up. Is that home brewed? You might need a something like this? Sometimes you need such a little gizmo for running LED tail/Turn/Stops to get it to flash correctly. Can't recall if others have needed them for this conversion or not.

Strong50

Got the rear panels back from the metal cutter. The laser cut flag will have red lexan behind it which will be illuminated by the cheapie LEDs I bought from Menards. Underneath the flag is the license plate holder and then on the passenger side will have an Air chuck and four 20 amp outlets which will be run by the ingersol air compressor and the Onan 15kw generator.

That brings me to my next question. Do you Overland camper guys mount an Auxillary fuel tank for your generators or do you pull off the stock tank? IMG_2245.jpgIMG_2249.jpg

snowtrac nome

I had to do a rear frame extension and hook up the commercial lights that came with my service body. I did what one previous poster suggested and used a test light to figure out what circuit did what and than hooked up my body lights to make me dot compliant.

Strong50

I had to do a rear frame extension and hook up the commercial lights that came with my service body. I did what one previous poster suggested and used a test light to figure out what circuit did what and than hooked up my body lights to make me dot compliant.
What FMTV did you put a service body on? I'd love to see pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks