• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Lines

bigrigoperator

I took my m109 out on a memorial cruise with the local classic VW club I belong too.

As I was parking when I got home the brakes went straight to the floor with no application. I did some trouble shooting and found that the hard line that runs to the front axle under the radiator has rusted out and failed.

Does anyone know the size i should replace it with? I plan on getting some stainless line in bulk and replacing all the lines on the truck.

Also i know the line from the master to the air pack uses 1/2in fittings, are the rest of the fittings the same size (also need the thread pitch)?

Thanks all

dmetalmiki

That shows the necessity of checking under the trucks on a regular basis.
SAFETY WARNING.
Glad that did not happen to you on a freeway...

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's a deuce the lines from the "T" after the air pack to the front and rear are 5/16.The axle lines are 1/4".

Whatever the inverted flare nut size for each of these diameters is that is what you need. I don't remember the thread.

This place Fedhill has everything you need to do the job. I used the cunifer tubing they sell.

Attachments

jasonjc

I like to use the polyarmor from American grease stick , it comes in straight sticks with nut and flares or rolls. You can get it at Oreillys or auto zone.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If it's a deuce the lines from the "T" after the air pack to the front and rear are 5/16.The axle lines are 1/4".

Whatever the inverted flare nut size for each of these diameters is that is what you need. I don't remember the thread.

This place Fedhill has everything you need to do the job. I used the cunifer tubing they sell.
Nice diagram!

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks