• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Upgrade for M172A1 Trailer

rkxswat

Anybody have any experience with upgrading the brake chambers on an M172A1 trailer? I need to go over the whole thing and will probably replace all of the brake lines. The trailer does not have spring (dual chamber) brakes and I would like to have that feature. Other than adding a spring brake valve, and new brake chambers, anything else I need to consider? Will standard brake chambers fit? The trailer is a 1967 Fontaine. Looks like one (or three) of the chambers has been replaced already, only one is bolted together. IMG_0501.jpgIMG_0502.jpg

Type 30 brake chambers should replace your bad chambers . and the right valve will set the brakes when the truck air lines are unhooked or the air pressure drops from the truck . This trailer may already have this valve it's just full of rust .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks