• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brass vs Zinc dash data plates?

b17goinmyway

Hi, I am starting to review the dash plates on my 44 353. Some are missing, and other are covered in several layers of yellow paint. I have not yet had a chance to look at them up close. I have noticed on the web that some are listed a brass and other as zinc. I wanted to know which would be correct for my 44 (with banjo axles). Were the brass plates used early on and then phased out for zinc material? On a side note anyone have suggestions on were to purchase quality plates either NOS or repops? thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks