• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breaker help

jmenende

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Gents. Im having an issue with this breaker in a mep 009b. I have already taken off the contactor close mechanism thats sits on top amd openned the units. The issue is that it will not stay in the closed position even after manually operating it. Any suggestions.
20220414_130826.jpg reaker

Attachments

Scoobyshep

I havnt worked on this specific breaker, but other large breakers (especially ones that are shunt trip capable) have a mechanical trip catch, sometimes these can get stuck ant it prevents the breaker from closing.

Does it trip immediately after moving the handle to close?

jmenende

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I havnt worked on this specific breaker, but other large breakers (especially ones that are shunt trip capable) have a mechanical trip catch, sometimes these can get stuck ant it prevents the breaker from closing.

Does it trip immediately after moving the handle to close?
Yes, i figured the issue was mecanical and started playing with the mechanism till i found a detent that was not falling in place due to a spring that was not well adjusted. I lubed everything up as well and got back working. Thanks for the help. Here is a pic of the culprit for future reference.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks