• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken Wheel Stud

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
looking at the pic, the stud had a OLD crack, no wonder it broke

Last edited:

Jake0147

Hard to proove, big impact guns may have played a roll, but when you flat out "twist one off", it does not look like that. It looks an awful lot like ones that shear after (not during) a episode with wheel nuts coming loose, but not off. Probably sometime in the past. Probably not with the wheel that's on it now. Consider knocking in the whole set. Were it mine I would no longer consider any of the six to be trustworthy.

dave wagner

might have been from being over loaded and turning sharp on dry pavement our fire dept had a deuce that had that happen to it more than once because of over loading [back tire only]

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jake nailed it. A loose wheel will do that - they get fatigued, then fail sometime down the road. I have a lot of my own stuff, and am very careful about somebody using a big air wrench. They can do a lot of damage, that is invisible for some time. I watch them like a hawk, when they are useing the big guns.

flyxpl

One of my trucks had some lug nuts that were not tight , and one already broke . When I went to tighten them up another snapped off before it was very tight . You need to replace all the studs on that hub .

JCKnife

I'm doing the front axle boots, and finding some of my studs are pretty rusty. Are replacements readily available?

hoop

Jake,
Your post makes sense. I am the guilty party here.....loose nuts about 6 months ago.
I will do a replacement.
Thanks.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replacements are available - OD Iron, Saturn, Memphis, Erik's, large truck stops, heavy truck dealers and heavy truck repair (including truck tire) shops.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When you replace, BESURE to get the right thread rotation, left or right hand

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks