• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Building a floodlight/antenna trailer.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the 50 current non finished projects I have going, and the few degree cooler than H*ll temperatures were having. I decided to start a new one. Take the 40ft crank-up tower from the m762 light trailer, a m103a3, a 10kw generac, and other stuff I haven't decided where to put yet. I'm hoping I won't need outriggers just stabilizers since the trailer and genny are heavy.
Has anybody added another lunette under the main one for use on regular trucks while still using the landing gear? The reason being I want to be able to use my f-250 and deuce to tow it. The other option is swapping to a new trailer axle and landing gear, which would prolly eliminate deuce towing but have brakes. Now I just need to make some brackets for mounting everything.
On another note, check your gen heads after they have been sitting for a while. There was a nice nest in this one. I think its time for a screen over the holes.
The generac was set to run on LP, but that was gonna be a hassle on a trailer. The intake has the same mounting dimensions as my m38 jeep. :p So now its a gasser albeit high test because of the sky high compression.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks