• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Building a Reo gasser engine stand

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maccus asked me for measurements on my stand, so I figured I may as well make a post.

The base is 45.5" long by 35" wide. There are 3 4x4's that run the 45.5" with the middle one centered. The end cross pieces are 2x10's 35" long. There are also two 2x6's 35" long spaced evenly for the middle two cross members.

The rear supports are 4x6's that are 9" tall and positioned with the 4" side facing the rear. They are set in 3.5" from each end and are braced by two 2x4x10" that have the corners cut off at 45 degree angles. The 2x4's sit flush with the end of the 2x10 support they sit on.

The front supports are also 4x6's that are 7" tall. They are positioned with the 6" side facing front. They sit in 9" to the outside edge. They are braced by a 2x4x17 that sits back 3/4" to the edge of the 2x4. The end of the 2x4 and the 4" side of the vertical support are braced by a 2x4x8.5 with the corners angled as desired.

I also added two eye bolts between the front two cross members to help keep the engine attached to the stand while loading/unloading the combo.

Hopefully it makes sense (with no blueprint)!

Attachments

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Thanks Jim. I will use the basic design. Might have to mod it a bit if I pull the whole engine power pack. It would be a good chance to do the clutch/tranny stuff so I don't have to go back in there later. Hate to go back in later to just replace a seal or whatever. I do not have a pallet jack so will get a few cheap HF casters. So easy to do everything related to engine, tranny and radiator when the power pack is sitting on the stand. Plus being able to run the engine before reinstalling is a nice feature.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
HUH, I have something similar for a multifuel. I guess next time I make it up to Beefco, I'll have to get pics and dimensions.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you can get here this weekend, I'll give it to you!

I know, Too far.
Shame cause its getting set on fire soon.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gimpy I used to keep two multifuel engines around here for spares when I had a few A2s'. I made a couple of nice stands out of the engine mounts from the inside of a regular deuce engine can. Worked well. Sure do like to run the engine before installing. Jim if you need one I am sure Mark at Crazy Horse still has them in a storage trailer as he never throws anything away.. .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks