• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"buyer load only"

Mcmann

When an add on GL says "buyer load only" does that mean i have to physically be there and can't just have it towed of the lot? I have a deal of basically free shipping on a truck but there is no way I can be 1000 miles away just to see it picked up. Any thoughts?
Matt

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Basically, there is no GL or other person to assist with the load-out. Either you or your designee have to handle all aspects of the load-out.

Mcmann

ok that is easy to do excellent. I have a friend that is a trucker that passes the base every month or so and he is empty returning from a load so heading back empty. As long as I cover the increased fuel bill he can get it home for me as a favor. thanks!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the truck run? If you don't know, does your friend have the means to drag the truck onto his trailer (Landoll or equivalent)? As Bruce pointed out, there is NO assistance. There's no forklift or tractor to push the truck with, etc... You might get lucky at certain sites and find a helpful government employee, but you might not.

Michael

every month or so
That ain't going to cut it at most bases. At a busy base you will get 10 business days from when your EUC clears to pick up your truck. Then you might get 5 more when they contact you about it and then they will charge you a 25% default fee. Unless your friend's schedule is flexible there is no way to predict when after the sale your EUC will clear. Now if it is an unmanned site they might be more flexible. It just varies from base to base on how pickie they are.

n3sq

One option is to find someone local to retrieve the item and store it until your friend can pass through an pick it up. I did that with a pair of trailers at Chambersburg. I found a local repair shop that would pull them out of Letterkenny and store them until they had an available backhaul. Yes, it wasn't free, but the price wasn't bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks