• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C/K Radiator.. is there a difference???

richingalveston

c trucks are 90's models I believe
spectra cu850 is perfect change find copper and brass version

the link you posted took me to an empty shopping cart could not see radiator

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C30 is a 2 wheel drive 1 ton, while a K30 is a 4 wheel drive 1 ton. Radiators should be the same. Look for a four core(4 rows of tubes running horizontal) radiator for increased cooling.

cucvrus

Most of the replacement radiators have 3 rows in the core. That works. i have one in my Crown of Thorns logging M1009 and pull trailers loaded all the time with everything all stock under the hood. 124 K and still holds its own. i get it to 210 at times on hard pulls but she goes down quickly when I peak the hill. I tried an electric CVPI fan on the front of the radiator. it made little of no difference and I just removed it.

Drock

Well got my new all aluminum radiator installed Saturday and it definitely made a big difference. Temp doesn't go above 200° even with the EGT at 900°. I also replaced the fan clutch and the harmonic balancer. I'm glad I did, the balancer didn't look like it was wobbling, but it sure as heck runs much smoother with the new one!

Drock

Thanks for the updates, can you also post part numbers of the parts you had success with?
Here they are....Harmonic balancer (Dorman) #594-128..... Cooling fan clutch (AC Delco) #15-4911..... Radiator (Genesis auto parts) #ALL34728X2098AA.... I was unable to find a harmonic balancer installer with the correct thread & size. Soo I bought/ordered a bolt & nut 3X longer then the balancer bolt to use as an installer. Also you should go ahead and order some radiator support bushings. Oh and make sure to use thread lock on all 8 fan clutch bolts, mine started to back out.

Last edited:

cucvrus

My mistake. I did buy them from energy suspension. I will do better in the future. I am sure that I can correct myself. That was a quick Google mistake on my part. I am WRONG. I will do my homework and sharpen my pencil. If you know the correct Energy Suspension part # share it. Please.

cucvrus

prothane is a brand name that is on the Energy Suspension parts .com website. They are a vendor. The radiator support parts for Energy Suspension are not sold separately They are part of a complete body kit only.Something about them not being compatible with the cab mounts. Total BS. But I have used the Prothane ones in the past thinking they were Energy Suspension. There you have it. It mattered so little I never noticed. It held the radiator in place just like wooden mounts I seen guys fab in the past. Sorry for the misinformation. Tomato Tomatoe same thing.

86m1028

My mistake. I did buy them from energy suspension. I will do better in the future. I am sure that I can correct myself. That was a quick Google mistake on my part. I am WRONG. I will do my homework and sharpen my pencil. If you know the correct Energy Suspension part # share it. Please.
I wasn't bashing you, just making it clear those are 2 totally different company's.
This might sound extreme but think of "snap on" & "stack on" tool boxs.
One is a lot cheaper than the other & there is a reason why, apples to oranges.

Again, not an attack on you, just trying to be clear about name brands.

I ran into this when I was looking to order energy supension parts & got redirected to that site. Yes prices were cheaper but it wasn't name brand parts.
Kinda like "bait & switch" too me. Luckily I caught the switch before it shipped & canceled the order.

Last edited:

tommyd

1985 M1009 Rad

Here they are....Harmonic balancer (Dorman) #594-128..... Cooling fan clutch (AC Delco) #15-4911..... Radiator (Genesis auto parts) #ALL34728X2098AA.... I was unable to find a harmonic balancer installer with the correct thread & size. Soo I bought/ordered a bolt & nut 3X longer then the balancer bolt to use as an installer. Also you should go ahead and order some radiator support bushings. Oh and make sure to use thread lock on all 8 fan clutch bolts, mine started to back out.

Hello All,
My rad just **** the bed this am. I checked out the one you called out. LT warranty, AL and pretty cheap. Is that a direct replacement for a stock M1009? All I really care about is all the correct ports. Hopefully, I can get all the additional fittings/lines out of it, without replacing them too. In addition, anything else I should do when I break it down and replace?

Thanks,
Tommy D

PJL

I used the Chinese made aluminum plastic tank radiator from CARQUEST. Fit was perfect. I used CARQUEST only because my employer has an account there. I changed out the belts while it was out. Also be a very good time to change all your hoses.

Drock

Hello All,
My rad just **** the bed this am. I checked out the one you called out. LT warranty, AL and pretty cheap. Is that a direct replacement for a stock M1009? All I really care about is all the correct ports. Hopefully, I can get all the additional fittings/lines out of it, without replacing them too. In addition, anything else I should do when I break it down and replace?

Thanks,
Tommy D
Yes it's a direct bolt in. All fittings bolted right in. I liked this one because there's no plastic tanks.

usabamaman

Hello All,

Thanks,
Tommy D
My original radiator starting leaking in the body shop just sitting there. I bought one that is exactly like OEM, but it was about $450.00. I got it from a local body shop supplier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks