• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab ground issue

Dead pilot

I'm back to working on M36 after some time off of it since I broke the dog bone after the brakes failed. Till I get the parts in for that repair I'm started back up in the cab and found that none of my gauges are working not even the horn. I have a new front harness installed and got a new circuit breaker when I installed the harness. The truck starts with no issues and the lights work. The horn button is the new style and the horn solenoid is new and works tested on my the M109. Am I missing some ground strap or something else for my gauges?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The main ground strap is behind the battery box. There is another on the rear left of the multifuel engine block.

Maybe you have more than one issue. The gauges all ground via the four twist lock screws that hold the gauge panel in. Sometimes the rust and dirt interfere. The horn should have good ground through steering column and box...check that it actually has a working hot lead at the bottom end of the steering shaft.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Dead pilot

Thanks for that. I am missing the grounding strap behind the battery box only have the one to engine block. When I put the cab back on I never had one there. I put new fasteners in and ran a ground wire from the cluster to cab.
Time to wire chase

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks