• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California Rain + Mud = Stuck Deuce

BimmerPower

Banned
haha that's pretty bad. At least the wrecker could get you out! When I got stuck in the mud, no one wanted to drive out onto my property. Got laughed at by 4 different tow companies. Looks like a fun trail though... keep on truckin!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a military wrecker, not sure which type as I wasn't there when it was pulled out. We were filmiing for a documentary on the Civil War conflicts that took place in the Southwest. The Deuce was obviously not part of the filming, but was what we were using to transport gear and crews to the location as nothing else could get through...and the deuce didn't even make it that time.

armytruck63

Your friend might want to pull the wheels on the down side and make sure there isn't mud in the brakes. The wheel bearings should be inspected too.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deep rut? That look like sinkhole!:lol:

Curious: Was the location up in the mountains by chance?

goldneagle

What i want to know is that mud on his pants or did he S**t himself when the truck tilted like that? I would have #2 if it happened to me!:oops:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thats why i own a winch truck. i knew i would get stuck someday and have to get pulled out, so i opted for a winch. glad you got it out and everything is good :eek:)

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, that's mud and or the color of his pants, he was very unconcerned about getting stuck.

Yea, it was more sinkhole than rut at that point, but he pulled several vehicles from the same area the night before, that plus continued rain just made it impassable if you ended in the rut and couldn't get back out.

It is the mountains between Chatsworth / Simi Valley.

I'll remind him to check the bearings, etc. but he's probably already doing so. I know they gave it a good once over after getting it unstuck.

sp00n

thats why i own a winch truck. i knew i would get stuck someday and have to get pulled out, so i opted for a winch. glad you got it out and everything is good :eek:)

looks pretty baron out there, no trees to use as anchors and without another MV on site to use as a winch anchor you would've just had another 1,000lbs hanging on the bumper in this situation. Jeeps or 1/2ton pickups would've probably just been pulled into the Deuce since it was sunk so deep.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both bumpers are still above ground.............You call that stuck?
When 5 tires are basically in the air (not touching any solid ground) and the other 5 are buried in something with the consistancy of oatmeal....yea, I call that stuck.

KsM715

looks pretty baron out there, no trees to use as anchors and without another MV on site to use as a winch anchor you would've just had another 1,000lbs hanging on the bumper in this situation. Jeeps or 1/2ton pickups would've probably just been pulled into the Deuce since it was sunk so deep.
Not a problem if you got a copy of FM 20-22 and had the proper rocovery gear with you.

oldMan99

Not a problem if you got a copy of FM 20-22 and had the proper rocovery gear with you.
:ditto:

I was also thinking (that by looking at the picture) there seems to be plenty of room to have gone around that spot... Especially since it is the same spot where the driver had pulled out several vehicles the day before... Did the driver say, "Hey 'yall watch this" before he plowed into that one sided quagmire?

I'm guess there were not lockers in any of those axles either? Did he try airing down the tires?

I hate to say it but no winch, no lockers, no back up Deuce with a winch.... seems like bad planning to me.

Glad everything turned out OK in the end though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks