• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Call to all alabama members

FreightTrain

Banned
I would like to ask anyone out there located in Alabama to join me in pushing for a change to the vintage vehicle tag law in the state of Alabama to include Historic Military Vehicles over 26,001lbs GVW.There is already an exemption for Firetrucks.The current way leaves a lot of larger vehicle too expensive to legally tag.Around $500 a year for commercial tag all the way up and over a grand a year.Wreckers,Cranes,10 tons,etc all are over 26,001Curb weight to they cannot be grey area-ed into the tag requirements.This will only cost you 2 sheets of paper,2 envelopes and a pair of stamps if you only send to your State senator and congresscritter and 3 of each if you wish to send to all 3 branches.

Here is a link to get the address to send to.Just put in your Zip on the left side.http://www.legislature.state.al.us/misc/zipsearch.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks