• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camo with a spray can?

86M10086.2L

I find the solid green on my truck terribly boring. Its just too much green, even for a military vehicle. My last truck was woodland 3 color camo and I'd like this one to be also. It looks as if most people are doing it with spray guns or air brushes. Now I could do it both ways I have the equipment. But I don't have much experience with either. I know people have done it with rattle cans but most seem to think it does not end with the greatest results. My thought is that the previous owner rattle canned the truck green over its original 3 color camo (why I'll never know). And it looks decent. So i may try the camo with cans also. I suppose in a worst case scenario I could just respray it green and try again. Although I think this might be also be a opportunity to familiarize myself with proper painting tools. Thoughts?

Tlauden

Give it a shot with the rattle cans, I have redone a little of mine with spray paint and.it doest look too bad, the only problem I found is sometimes the color of the cap of the spray paint is NOWHERE near the color of the paint itself. Start with something small like the tailgate n see how you like it. If its absoutly horrid then.try a different method. Somewhere on here there is a diagram floating around if you want the official color pattern/scheme.

67_C-30

Rapco Rapco Parts Company sells the correct colors in spray cans, and it looks pretty good. You could get the brown and balck from them - although the spray can chalkboard paint looks better and closer to original CARC than the Rapco black does. If you don't spray the outlines of you pattern too heavily, spray can camo looks really good.

lavarok

The last few paint jobs I did involved a HVLP gun and solid green out of Rapco gallons, I then use the Rapco rattle cans to lay down the camo patterns in black, then brown, and then green again to fix over spray mainly from the black.

86M10086.2L

Those both look great, I do have rapco camo paint in spray cans. It's really down to mustering up the courage to start painting the truck and not beating myself up if it doesn't come out perfect.

If yours is a nice solid green already, then your well off and it may only take a can or two of the other colors. My green was bad too so it took me 4 or 5 cans of green as well.

3twelve

I plain on panting my Duce with rattle cans, just the hood and fenders for now. But I think I may add the 4th color(just a little tan).

86M10086.2L

Well I'm gonna try it. Small sections at a time. Anybody have recommendations on laying the pattern out? I've heard everything from chaulk, pencil to marker. But I hear they all show through the paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks