• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Dodge M105 retrieval 6-3-09

rat4spd

Well the drive to pick up the trailer has finally happened. I was prompt at 7AM, and the Sgt loaded the 105 on my trailer with the BFF. I strapped it down and hit the road. I did move it back a few feet before I hit the highway. There was just too much tongue weight. I wouldn't have bothered except I already have about 3000# worth of parts and tools in the back of my truck.

I don't know how much luck a person can have bidding sight unseen on GL, but for $220 how could I lose? The trailer has brand new bows, new tarp, and new tires (donors for my deuce). She's in solid shape, and everything seems to work.

I loaded my MEP 003 in it, in a scary fashion using come alongs and 2X10's. I wouldn't recommend it.

Here's some pics.

Attachments

Bobert

Thats a nice trailer. Especially if you get two new tires with it.

Is it true that they only let you pick up on Wednesdays at Camp Dodge now? I hope we can pick up our deuce soon.

rat4spd

They were having a 2 for 1 special that day. :razz: I can't believe they went that cheap. I might have to grab another just for tires.

I must say that these trailers are much larger in person than I would've thought. Doing a three point turn in my back forty makes me wish I had power steering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks