• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Plymouth Military Vehicle Show & Swap Meet 4/19 through 22/2023 in California

Major Asstyrd

The Camp Plymouth Military Vehicle Show & Swap Meet is returning to Plymouth, California USA April 19 through 22, 2023 (Sunday is a pull-out day, not a show day). This is the largest annual MV event west of the Mississippi. The official flyer below should inform folks who have never been to one of these big SPRING meets the basics for the 2023 show, and tell old timers what is new. All event details are on the event page on www.MVCCNews.nett. It includes a Basic Training document, a Daily Briefing activities schedule, this flyer, a campsite reservation form, and flyers for the WW2 Jeep Showcase, the Military Dodge Showcase, and the Motorcycle, Scooter, and Bicycle Showcase.

Tan CP  flyer 012623.png

A new thing on the event page is information about a golf cart rental program. There will also be information about RV and travel trailer rental options including having a unit delivered to your RV site, set up, and picked up. This is for someone who can't get a rental cabin at the RV Village (not enough of them), doesn't own an RV or trailer, doesn't want to tent or truck camp at the fairgrounds, stay in a hotel, or commute from home, yet wants some nice amenities. Camp Plymouth attendees are being offered a 20% discount by a commercial RV/travel trailer vendor in Sacramento.

The Military Vehicle Collectors of California has been the promoter of these big Spring events since the 1970s. They are for everyone, not just our members! The artwork on the CP flyer is what will be on the event T-shirt and other items that will be for sale at the event headquarters tent on the entrance driveway to the 49er Village RV Resort.

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

Here are the advertising flyers for the three planned MV showcases on Friday April 21, 2023:

Jeep Showcase Flyer 012623.pngMilitary Dodge Showcase 012723.pngBike Showcase flyer 012623.png

The Dodge one was posted by one of the coordinators zeph on another post on this forum. If you want to comment about that display you can do it there.

This event is open to the public and all MV owners are invited to bring their equipment.

No pre-registration or fees for these special displays but if you can let each coordinator know you will be bringing something that will be appreciated. This is especially true for the bike showcase because location is planned for RV site 190 in the 49er Village RV Resort and we want to plan for space. This is on the entrance road by the office and next to the event headquarters and merchandise sales tent. We are not allowed to use any of the busy road, so if we get too many bikes we'll probably move it to the amphitheater. The jeeps and trucks will display at the fairgrounds arena.

The coordinators will have signup sheets to get names and vehicle make, year, model, for a post-event national magazine article or two and the MVCC newsletter.

If anyone wants PDFs of these flyers or the general Camp Plymouth flyer for posting around town or emailing to others, ask the coordinator or me. We want to get the event news out to folks who may not be in the organized MV hobby and might not know about the big Spring meet here, or the 2023 showcase themes. Wouldn't it be a shame if a jeep, Dodge, or bike owner in nearby Placerville or Lodi learned about it the week after the event?

Who do YOU know who has a one or more of these machines?

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

Reminder that there will be a military vehicle convoy leaving Thursday morning for a drive up Hwy 49 to an open house at Jimmy Strauss Jeeps in Diamond Springs, a well known military jeep restorer. It's a large operation with typically over 20 jeeps in various stages of work, plus engine and transmission jobs happening. After that or on other days there are some nice eateries in Diamond Springs and nearby El Dorado, historic Gold Rush towns like Plymouth that got their start in the early 1850s.

Here is some trivia: You will drive by Poor Red's Bar B-Q in El Dorado, a restaurant and bar infamous for creating the Golden Cadillac cocktail in 1952. The bartender was asked by a visiting couple for something different. He made it using the liqueur Galliano, white creme de cacao, and heavy cream, in equal parts, shaken. He named it after the guest's gold Cadillac. This bar serves more Galliano than any restaurant chain, liquor retailer, hotel or cruise line in the world, in a town of only 4,000 people! They pour more Galliano in a week than others pour in a year. Galliano is also found in other retro cocktails like the Harvey Wallbanger, Negroni, and Americano.

The Camp Plymouth promoters are of course not condoning drinking and driving! Consider dropping off your non-jeeper passengers at Poor Red's while you are at the open house!

Hummermark

If anyone needs any half track tow hook latch springs or m10 tank destroyer/m4A2 Sherman engine mounts I can take them to the show 👍
or if I can bring some parts someone needs from the uk 🇬🇧 that you need 🤔

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If anyone needs any half track tow hook latch springs or m10 tank destroyer/m4A2 Sherman engine mounts I can take them to the show 👍
Now if you could just supply me with a free half track, I would gladly figure out how to attach the hook latch springs. And I will take really good care of it. It will fit onto my trailer with room to spare.

ROFLPIMP.png

Major Asstyrd

You will be attending from London, UK? I am guessing you will also visit some other nice locations nearby. I mean, why not?

We are not planning a "Longest Distance Travelling to the Event Award" this year. We will have one for driving a MV to the event. But maybe the person who came the farthest should be mentioned at our Friday night dinner/raffle? It is interesting to look at distances people travel to this meet. We have a regular who attends from Tokyo, Japan, which is 5,150 miles. He buys militaria for his two stores. Frank "The Viking" Berg occasionally comes from Norway. I don't know from what city, but from Oslo it is 5,011 miles. Central London is 5,280 miles. This might be competitive! I met a Brazilian at the meet once and Rio is 6,600 miles away but don't know where he was from. Sometimes we see Australians, they are over 7,000 miles away.

If anyone wants to claim this recognition, including the formal award for Longest Distance Driving a MV, let us know. We are not mind readers!

Major Asstyrd

If anyone wants a RV site for two nights late in the week, I have a deal for you. Site #190 in the 49er Village, at our discounted group price, $72.39 nightly plus tax, which is no longer available because we turned unreserved sites back to the 49er system per the agreement with them. Sites are now available in the 49er system at regular rates which are higher. This site is on the main entrance street just past the office next to the MVCC and event HQ tent. High profile.

I booked it for to use for the Military Motorcycle, Scooter, and Bicycle Showcase on Friday to get a high visibility location and avoid the dirt and dust at the fairgrounds. Had to take it for three nights. So it will be empty Friday morning when the bikes show up before the 10 a.m. display. The display is over at 2, so a new renter can take it at normal check in time. I paid for it, so whoever wants it for Friday and Saturday nights will pay me.

Friday is the best day at Camp Plymouth with the most people onsite. There are no offsite excursions Friday except some of the women go shopping and to lunch at 1100. And because people have to walk or drive between the two campgrounds by going out their gate to the street and down the block to the other gate, the entrance road at 49er is busy. So a great place for a vendor, display, or anyone wanting to be close to the store, cafe, pool, Rec Hall (Friday night raffle).

It is also available for Thursday afternoon and evening but only for someone I know would clear out by 0800 Friday. that would be ideal for a MV display that is movable, or maybe some vendor tables that are easy to stash on Friday morning and bring back after 2.

I can be reached by Personal Message here but prefer email to
in(underscore)garage aht hotmail dot com if you know what I mean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks