• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can MEP 002, 003 or 803 Gens run without batteries

JOHNPFD1

I recently saw a video where a guy jump starts his MEP 803 with a 24 volt jump pack, he has 2 remote starter terminals installed under the slave plug. He says starting this way saves on wasting money on batteries. My question is does anyone know if it is safe to run the MEP 803 or 002, 003's without batteries? I wonder if it would hurt the voltage regulator or other electronic parts.

jamawieb

002a and 003a don't need to be jumped started with out batteries because it will hurt the DC voltage regulators. 802a and 803a should be fine.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
will running the 802a or 803a be ok running with no batteries at all installed?
Howdy,
The manual says YES

That is how they start and run all the auction gensets. MEP-802A and MEP-803A.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks