• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you identify this component of a Generator trailer?

3dAngus

Sitting at the front of this M116A2 generator trailer is this big green box. It does not appear to have any cables running out of it, or in it, yet.

Can anyone identify what this big box is. Could it be some kind of generator switching device? Any idea what the component identification is so I can find a Tech Manual on it.

I bought this trailer sight unseen for the trailer and cables on it for my generator, and ended up with two of them. The other does not have any of these special boxes, but is in near mint condition, so I might swap some things out and sell one of them. Happy with the bidding today, but this big box is bugging me. Any help is appreciated.

Oh, and if you know what it is, would you know a value on it? I might try to sell it if I can't use it. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.govliquidation.com/share...67/gl_large_thumb/53266232_gl_large_thumb.jpg
or
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6518098

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed, power distribution/switch box. It does not appear to be part of the trailer, it is standing on it's side. The colored plugs are for 3 phases and a green one for ground. Looks 100 kW ish?

JOECOOL48

I tried to send this as a pm but my computer kept freezing when I hit the submit button.
Let me know when you figure out what the boxes on the trailer are for. I bid on it when price was low hoping it would sell low so I might be able to use with my generator. Let me know if you need directions on how to get to the bldg on the marine base. I picked up my water buffalo there a few weeks ago.

3dAngus

Joe, if nothing else, I'll contact you when I get it home and see if there is anything there you need that I don't. I know I want the cables, just in case I get some more new toys.
Anything else is negotiable, including the trailer.

glassk

I tried to send this as a pm but my computer kept freezing when I hit the submit button.
Let me know when you figure out what the boxes on the trailer are for. I bid on it when price was low hoping it would sell low so I might be able to use with my generator. Let me know if you need directions on how to get to the bldg on the marine base. I picked up my water buffalo there a few weeks ago.
looks like cam-lok connectors,
GreenEquipment Grounding Conductor
WhiteNeutral (Grounded conductor)
BlackØ 1
RedØ 2
BlueØ 3

cam loc.JPG

glassk

Joe, if nothing else, I'll contact you when I get it home and see if there is anything there you need that I don't. I know I want the cables, just in case I get some more new toys.
Anything else is negotiable, including the trailer.
you making two trips, I could meet you there and pull one if needed, after the EUC's clear

3dAngus

Thanks Keith. Cam-lok is a new term for me. Not familiar with them, but it looks like there are two sets on one side, and two sets on the other side.

Input/Output???

The ones on the trailer might be a larger size. Difficult to say.... but I like the 3 phase color coded chart you provided.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could be interested in one of the trailers Dell. Let me know what it's going to sell for.

3dAngus

Probably $500, which is what I will have in it after cost, fees, and taxes and recovery. But I will be removing all the top electrical stuff and other stuff, which is what I really wanted. I'll leave the top bows. There was no cover.

One other fella might want it. He asked but dropped off line for a while.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a fair price. Any way of getting it to the rally come October? Let me know if it comes available!

3dAngus

Does anybody recognize the big box? Wondering of the use, the weight, the possibilities.

Kenny, if I can get it to Fl. next weekend it is spoken for, but I am not sure EUC.s work that fast.

glassk

Dale,

was wondering about the AC unit, what size duct does it have and end connectors, I have some with a couple of holes, may patch or use ends

ac duct ends.jpgac duct.jpg

3dAngus

It's a Horizontal A/C, kinda like a window air unit, only 400 pounds. No duct work. This one drops in the wall or tent wall like a window unit. It's about half the size of a generator though. (-002/-003)

3dAngus

No, not yet. My EUC was held up at GL this time around. They broke a record on this on sitting on a desk, so I had to write them send them another copy in case it got lost, then got some double talk about how I had to make a correction, one which was done 9 hours earlier.

Maybe next week. I can pick up two trailers with my 16' flat bed so I'm OK there, and I will be sure to post pictures and info on the "box" up top. The trailer with top bows may be sold to one of two S. Fla boys at cost, depending on transportation logistics solutions, and after I remove the top electrical equipment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks