• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cant find 3 color camo pattern for my lmtv m-1078

Artisan

Where did I see this...It is an a TM, a TM for the M939 series...

WAIT! No it is a TB, do a search for TB 43-0209

It is for an M939 cargo truck I think but it is all the same basically.

Be sure to post pics when your done.

eagle4g63

I would just google m1078 pics and look at all the pics and mask out your truck like they are in the pics.....did that to my first deuce before I found the makings bulletin for it....actually wasn't off by much...only a few spots had to be adjusted a little.

Pics like this are pretty good ones to work off.

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its in the painting and marking TM or TB I can't remember. I looked and couldn't find it. I have it on my other computer so I'll post it if it doesn't turn up. It has pictures of all the different vehicles and shows the patterns and colors.

The TB I was thinking of is TB43-0209 Color, Marking, and Camouflage. I looked and the version I have dated 1991 doesn't include the M1078. Later revisions should.

Last edited:

auctionaddict

Here's pictures of one I have in my motor pool. Hope it helps

Mine is tan now, I"m painting it 3 color and I have a NOS tarp kit.
It looks like the tarp colors line up with the body markings.

Thanks !

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, last I knew, the TB for painting and marking of Army equipment expired, and hadn't been replaced. Now, that was in the 2010-2011 time frame. But I had reached out to the PM since I was trying to justify the adding of the 3" 5-point star to all our vehicles. I never got a response while I was still in.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint base green. Then put top on top pencil mark brown and black onto truck look at other trucks for other markings.
It's like finger prints no 2 are exactly alike

Last edited:

spankybear

So, last I knew, the TB for painting and marking of Army equipment expired, and hadn't been replaced. Now, that was in the 2010-2011 time frame. But I had reached out to the PM since I was trying to justify the adding of the 3" 5-point star to all our vehicles. I never got a response while I was still in.
I have a hard copy of the TB-209 but this is before the LMTV... I find reference to TM-4750/OD1 and TM-4750/OD2 but I can not find any PDF or anything on these manuals. Are these the elusive animal in the TM world?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's TB 43-0209, published 31 OCT 1990, with an update in 1991. That seems to be the last version (again what I mentioned before).

I can't find anything listed as TM-4570.

Keep in Mind, I'm looking at the current system, not historical.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be an off topic question, But are any new trucks painted 3 color camo straight from factory? It seems everything newer is tan OE from Factory?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks